Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
barboboo

United Kingdom 
Help Required

Firstly Hello all,

I am looking for some mod help!

1. I want to know where I can buy 16inch wheels for my Freelander 2 (2008) and what size tyres would I need to make them the same as mine now (235/65/R17)

2. In the Picture I am looking for the tubular part that comes out of the Rear Guard & the Sump Guard! any ideas where etc??

http://www.mantec.co.uk/productdetail.cfm?...32054B0C24

Post #116015 7th Oct 2011 12:12 pm
taztastic

England 

Freelander 2 16" wheels can be found on Fleabay, the standard tyre size for those is 215/75 R16
There is a tyre calculator on this link http://www.club80-90syncro.co.uk/Syncro_we...ulator.htm
Search on here and you will get the offsets etc required if you buy third party wheels, why do you want to go down in size when most people go up?

As for the second part, it relates to a Freelander 1 not 2 and it looks like a towbar attachment, not sure if it is what you require as the rear gaurd is for the exhaust and the sump gaurd is at the front for the sump.

However, Hello and welcome and i am sure will get more answers.

Post #116018 7th Oct 2011 12:27 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Word of warning don't buy Freelander 1 wheels from ebay, they don't fit the Freelander 2.

The rear guard in he picture is for a FL1, this is at the very back of the vehicle and covers the exhaust.
The rear guard on the FL2 is much further forward and protects the fuel tank - the exhaust on the FL2 is much higher and far more (but not impossible) difficult to damage.

The sump guard on the FL1 does actually cover the whole of the engine, so must be removed to service he car - big lump, heavy on your own.
The sump guard on the FL2 doesn't cover the sump Exclamation does make servicing easier. It actually acts like a skid plate, flattening/shifting most potentionally damaging objects, but can act like a scoop when reversing in deep mud. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #116162 8th Oct 2011 11:24 am
MihaiB

Romania 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

if it helps, here's how the mantec sump guard looks like when fitter to the FL2 - https://www.freel2.com/gallery/albums/user...0spate.jpg

Post #116341 10th Oct 2011 10:41 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1