« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Discounts??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey
Discounts??

Has anybody used these people - A chap in the pub last night has bought 2 cars using them and rates them very highly.

Looks as though you can get a minimum of 10% for a SD4 XS without hassle.

http://www.autoebid.com/carasp/acarpost2.asp MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #115011 28th Sep 2011 9:46 am
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

looked at this and 2 other sites,orange wheels,and landroverdiscount.com,.....and to be honest when you work it out,theres not alot in it.if you push for a discount from a mainlandrover dealer you will get veryclose to these prices anyway,,i payed £55 more for mine with met paint,full alloy spare,colour code upper mirror caps was a freebie.And the vehicle was there to buy now,not in 10-12 weeks time. Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Gone:Freelander 2, GS, "61"

Gone: Freelander 2, GS.e, "59"

Gone: Freelander 2, S, "08"

Post #115068 28th Sep 2011 7:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
casterman

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black

I work for tata steel ,,we own landrover/jaguar...an we only get 20% off new vehicles....but , hey,at least its something.. Thumbs Up

Post #115077 28th Sep 2011 8:56 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

casterman wrote:
I work for tata steel ,,we own landrover/jaguar...an we only get 20% off new vehicles....but , hey,at least its something.. Thumbs Up

Do family, friends and fellow freel2 members benefit ? Whistle Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #115080 28th Sep 2011 9:45 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

casterman wrote:

I would say that was a pretty good deal IMO. Think of it as VAT free!! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #115081 28th Sep 2011 10:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Calcul@tor

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Zermatt Silver

Back to the OP...

I've just ordered a new Discovery. Autoebid originally suggested that they thought they could get about 10% off it for me. BUT, their method is a reverse auction model:

You specify the car you want and what colours / extras etc you would like. You can specify some extras as 'must haves' and some as 'would like'. You can do the same with colours, so if there is only one colour you want, you can specify that, or you can choose a number of colours, or say 'anything except [black/white]' or whatever.

Autoebid will then set a 'target price' that they 'expect' to be able to achieve or even beat. But, until you commit to and go through their process, you won't know what the actual final price will be.

Once you've done all of this, Autoebid then circulate your requirement to their network of dealers. They can look at their existing stock to see if they have anything that meets your requirements, or they can spec up a car for new build that exactly meets your ideal specification / colour. They then put a price against the vehicle they are offering and let you have any further details about it - eg colour, additional extras etc.

If a car that matches or exceeds your requirement is offered at or below the target price (which you've accepted), Autoebid are then entitled to their fee and you are expected, but not contractually bound (I don't think), to go through with the purchase. They then put you in direct contact with the dealer and you pay the dealer direct.

With my Discovery order, their target price was quite a bit below any other quote I'd received, so I spec'd up what I wanted and went through their reverse auction procedure, which runs for 2 working days. Unfortunately, I only received a couple of bids from dealers, and whilst not bad, they were some way off the best prices I had been offered by other brokers.

I think the reason for this was possibly because I had specified a new build MY12 vehicle, and their price estimates / discount expectation was based on what they'd been getting for MY11 where perhaps dealers with existing stock were offering better discounts, although the list price and specification they were working to were the correct MY12 ones. To be fair, they immediately amended their on-line price guide to reflect the level of offers I'd received.

Interestingly, I let them know the level of the best offer I'd had and they then went in to standard 'broker' mode and came back with a matching offer and agreed to cut their broker fee to £100(!) to undercut the other broker's fee.

I have a good relationship with a local Dealer (not just because we've bought quite a few cars, ranging from FFRRs to a new SD4 from them over the years) and they agreed to match the best broker deal I'd been offered, so I've placed the order with them.

So, after all that, I didn't end up going with Autoebid, but if their target price (including commission) is at or close to the best deal you've been offered elsewhere, I don't see that you've got too much to use by trying them. Worst case, their offers don't beat the target price - you've 'wasted' two days. Best case, someone has a vehicle in stock, that matches or exceeds your desired specification, that they offer at the target price or maybe even a chunk less.

I would also recommend you try Shaun at Select Automotive - very helpful, very good prices and again, you ultimately deal direct with the main dealer. I know a number of people who've used him and been very impressed.

Post #115197 30th Sep 2011 9:39 am
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

Thanks Calc for the very comprehensive reply Thumbs Up MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #115218 30th Sep 2011 12:19 pm
geoffk

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

I bought mine from the above in the dark days of 2007/8 when the world was imploding(as now) and paid 19.5k for a new 2008 free2 gs manual....a great deal..

Post #116384 10th Oct 2011 4:33 pm
heliosuk

casterman wrote:

You don't on a Freelander or Disco though. Sorry to be pedantic but Tata Bros own JLR just like they own Tata Steel. Thumbs Up

Post #116412 10th Oct 2011 7:09 pm
Natwest

United Kingdom 

heliosuk wrote:
casterman wrote:

You don't on a Freelander or Disco though. Sorry to be pedantic but Tata Bros own JLR just like they own Tata Steel. Thumbs Up

Correct - no cheap Freelies for employees Rolling Eyes. The only discounts are on Defender, Range Rover Sport and Range Rover. So employees can either buy a Defender for £18k or a Rangie Sport for £45k Big Cry

PS: Since when did Tata Steel own Tata Motors? You're just Corus that have been renamed - at least JLR kept their name Laughing

Post #116431 10th Oct 2011 8:51 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1