« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > why not fuji white ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Hicksy

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

chicken george wrote:
why would you want a tractor in Chelsea anyway, there are no fields Confused , theses people have money to burn I tell you.
tractors are green muddy and live in fields

My tractor green and dusty, not muddy, however did clean the bonnet and windows this morning, Rolling with laughter

Post #113699 18th Sep 2011 2:10 pm
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

any chance going back to the topic Confused Wink Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Gone:Freelander 2, GS, "61"

Gone: Freelander 2, GS.e, "59"

Gone: Freelander 2, S, "08"

Post #113848 19th Sep 2011 2:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

i have just come out of Homebase and parked next to me was a Fuji White D4 XS

I am liking the Fuji white more and more, when it first came out it looked too white, Alaska white seams to have a bit more paint depth to it

This time it made me think Alaska must be a big old dirty place, if that is classed as white

My problem is on friday i pick up my wifes car, in brilliant white so i am going to be thinking this for a while now Cool

Fuji White is a much nicer white Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #113851 19th Sep 2011 2:55 pm
AiiEEX

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

True. The Alaska White looks very creamy looking in comparison - Not noticeable until parked up next to a white car.

I like the crisp fresh look of the Fuji White. The Freelander adverts I've seen recently always has the white one shown.

Post #113853 19th Sep 2011 3:06 pm
SamYPKP

2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

Tigger wrote:
My other car is a very similar shade of white and it a great alternative to the very practical silver, now that just about every other car seems to be a variant of silver or grey....

White doesn't show scratches and swirl marks, stays incredibly cool in the summer (much more so than silver) and doesn't show the dirt anything like as much as you'd imagine, except for one thing: tar spots Evil or Very Mad As soon as you have a white car you will notice little black spots appearing on the back and lower sides of the car and they are a complete pain to clean off Evil or Very Mad

If you are planning on keeping you car near concourse, they are a complete pain; if you are planning on just using it as Land Rover intended, you may never notice them.

My experience with our fuji white gs sd4 exactly! If its an even lay of dirt it doesnt show up as much as you'd think, but as soon as you wipe away small patches, say wipe away some bird poo, or finger marks left from closing boot - it becomes quite noticable.

How would you recommend dealing with tar spots? I've started noticing quite exactly where you said they would start to appear? On my last car I would sometimes resort to using cif, which works a treat but probably not the most sensible way to deal with them Whistle

Post #113873 19th Sep 2011 4:50 pm
Hicksy

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

I use auto glym tar remover works a treat, or clay bar it, had a White mini before our gs, and kept the rear and the bottom of the doors extra polished made life a lot easier

Post #113919 19th Sep 2011 9:16 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

A dedicated tar remover, I use AUTOSMART Tardis, but I have seen good results from CarPro Tar X

I treated my car to a good machine polish and used wolf chemical body wrap and have noticed a drop in the amount of tar on the car Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #113924 19th Sep 2011 9:26 pm
j77

Scotland 

I have Fuji White at the moment but that will be going in January for an evoque in Fuji white Shocked. Love the colour not too hard to keep clean. To be honest always liked White cars but never dared go into a dealers and ask for one, but it is now socially acceptable, and don't get funny looks from the salesman. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #114152 20th Sep 2011 10:41 pm
j77

Scotland 

White doesn't get dirty it just changes shades. From White through all different shades of grey until it gets to black, then it needs a wash. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #114153 20th Sep 2011 10:45 pm
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:
A dedicated tar remover, I use AUTOSMART Tardis, but I have seen good results from CarPro Tar X

the amount of tar on the car

A bottle of 99p white spirits from Wilko does the job easily.

Post #114372 22nd Sep 2011 2:51 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12