Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Thinking about selling my FL2.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

Calculations are on total volume, this means to the roof and into all corners so Skoda may well have more useable floor area. All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #110540 18th Aug 2011 11:15 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

We had an 1.9TD Octavia (sons got it now) for a few years prior to the 2006 FL1.
Certainly feels like a larger useable boot space, but the boot lip down to the floor is a killer for heavier loads - her suitcase!

Did 100k in less than 2.5 years, low service cost, very reliable (aircon clutch and indicator switch only failures), dreadful in the snow (the only time I crashed it).
OK the depreciation looks terrible but how much would you loose on a £35k HSE in 3 years with 100K on the clock? - a damn site more than the £16k the octavia cost.
Boring as sin to drive, but with a couple of young kids and giving up your FL2 your life is totally going down the pan anyway Wink

My head and wallet say go for the Octavia, my heart says keep the FL2 and learn to stack the pram vertically.

PS dealers could show LR a thing or two about customer service. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #110660 20th Aug 2011 9:21 am
charlie71

Thanks for that Andy.

Took the octavia for a test drive today.

very very impressed to get as much car as that for £15.5k. very smooth, but eerily quiet... not surprising given I have been driving a FL2 for 2 years.

Boot was huge, and the lip is only there on some versions.. thankfully the one I am fater has an adjustable floor, which sorts that out.

Just need to put this up for sale now. I am sure it will be appearing in the FOR SALE section in this forum in the next couple of days.

Charlie

Post #110690 20th Aug 2011 4:11 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Would I be right in assuming that your current Freelander is equiped with a full size spare?

This may explain the difference as the Skoda needs a spare adding and even then it's only a space saver. Add in the fact that the Skoda has an elongated rear overhang (though with the curse of many modern estate cars - a sloping rear window) and the appearance of an increase in size (even though the figures say otherwise) is probably explained.

Good luck with the Skoda, I hope it works out for you.

Post #110698 20th Aug 2011 7:03 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12