Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Riots
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

This is not a unique situation for any western country. It happend in France, Italy, Belgium, the USA and many other countries.

It think for the most part the source lies in the motivations our current sociaties thrive on and that is consumption. Where in older days the motivation was community.

These people pillage becouse they are told that they want and need things they can't afford which then snowballed into this huge riot. Currently it has no longer anything to do with that person who was shot. That was only what started it, not what it has turned out into.

Post #109828 10th Aug 2011 12:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
russben

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black

I suspect that most of the rioting, and copycat rioting, was encouraged by paid activists. I remember a journalist speaking to someone after the university student fees demonstrations, and as the interview progressed, it turned out she was employed and paid to organise demonstrations and encourage civil unrest.

The initial demonstration was a peaceful protest that was hijacked by anarchists and rabble-rousers. What followed in other towns and cities has nothing to do with the death of Mr Duggan. His family have graciously distanced themselves from the behaviour of the rioters. The trouble makers have left a legacy of his death that I don't think his family are going to be proud of.

Theresa May said that it is unlawful to use water cannons in England, but isn't it also unlawful to throw stones at the Police, set buildings and vehicles on fire, and steal property?
We have allowed the civil rights groups and 'do-gooders' too much say in how we in this country deal with criminals. Maybe now it is time to start taking a tougher stance on crime. Other countries use water cannon, teargas, rubber bullets etc to disperse and dissuade mobs from further criminal acts, why are we a special case? We can't use the excuse of being a civilised nation, because the very people involved in crime are not civilised. Stealing from another person or destroying someones livelihood isn't a civil thing to do. Sometimes you have to speak in a language, or act in a way that criminals understand. This isn't about race or creed, it is purely a lack of respect for others.

I was unemployed for a while some years ago, I didn't go out commiting crime and disorder and neither did any of my friends, so lets not use unemployment as an excuse for this. This is organised by somebody, and we need to find these people and deal with them for what they are encouraging, which is crime. Poke it, Poke it, make it do it again!!

Gone - 2008 Freel2 HSE Santorini Black
Hello - 2010 RRS TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black

Post #109850 10th Aug 2011 4:21 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

RIP Broken Britain.. You went soft on discipline!.. You went soft on immigration!You went soft on crime.. Parents were told.. 'No you can't smack the kids'....Teachers were prevented from chastising kids in schools.. The police couldn't clip a troublemaker round the ear.. Kids had rights blah blah blah.. Well done Britain..You shall reap what you sow.. We have lost a whole generation!!

Post #109852 10th Aug 2011 4:33 pm
ad210358

England 

For the second time in the last few days I have to agree with oldgeezer, some sort of dye in a supersoaker would work well, the shame that the mindless few would get as the majority of the general public would see them out in and know instantly that they were involved, so everyone would know they were involved and would stay off the streets in shame. I expect though the Human Rights lot would complain like they did when the people put on community service had to wear flourescent tops.

Post #109856 10th Aug 2011 4:56 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

i think supersoakers filled with acid might have a better effect but saying that wouldnt the guns melt?? Confused

Post #109862 10th Aug 2011 5:16 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Spray them with Jeyes Fluid, that stuff is unreal Shocked

A bloke at work told me about it. He had some ivy growing on his house and weed killer had no effect on it. I said try bleach but he already had and stated that it laughed at bleach. Jeyes fluid killed it stone dead. Used neat it kills bird flu.

Spraying yobs really would be disinfecting the streets! LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #109873 10th Aug 2011 5:46 pm
russben

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black

The Doctor wrote:
Spray them with Jeyes Fluid, that stuff is unreal Shocked

Spraying yobs really would be disinfecting the streets!

Would it bring the chewing gum off the pavements as well? Bonus Exclamation Poke it, Poke it, make it do it again!!

Gone - 2008 Freel2 HSE Santorini Black
Hello - 2010 RRS TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black

Post #109877 10th Aug 2011 5:52 pm
landy19840

Israel 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Why are the Muslims aloud to guard there mosque's while carrying swords???? There's no need for that! Infact that is more cocking annoying than the rioters itself!!!

Post #109885 10th Aug 2011 7:14 pm
ad210358

England 

I will leave you to go up to them and ask, it's not worth losing your head over it though Thumbs Up

Post #109887 10th Aug 2011 7:27 pm
landy19840

Carrying anything over a 4 inch blade Is straight to prison!!!

Post #109890 10th Aug 2011 7:35 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

& one of the looters was 31 and a teaching assistant ! I wonder if that will be one job for someone else now !
I would of thought he would of known better ! what a complete plonk

Post #109891 10th Aug 2011 7:49 pm
landy19840

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14482695

GOOD EFFORT GMP!!

Post #109895 10th Aug 2011 8:05 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Wouldn't it be great if we could deploy lots of people with the skills portrayed by Liam Neeson in Taken to tackle the yobs/looters.

"I don't know who you are I don't know what you are hoping to achieve. If you are hoping to get away with this crime I can tell you it's not going to happen, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you put the TV down and hand yourself into the police station that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you!" Thumbs Up

On another note, Tottenham Hotspur have just signed the Italian sensation Grabatelly Laughing LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #109896 10th Aug 2011 8:08 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

http://photoshoplooter.tumblr.com/page/2#.TkLTCHe0Q-d.facebook

Rolling with laughter Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #109899 10th Aug 2011 8:36 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

This would be my speech if I was Chief Constable: Good evening. In less than an hour, officers from here will join others from around the country, and you will be launching the largest riot control battle in 30 years to protect our community. Community, that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We cannot be consumed by our petty differences any more. We will be united in our common interest. Perhaps it's fate that these riots come during another recession, and you will once again be fighting for our communities. Not from simple disorder but from total mindless violence and looting. We're fighting for our communities to exist peacefully, and should we win the day, August 2011 will no longer be known for these riots and looting, but as the day when the UK communties and the police declared in one voice, 'We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to clean the streets, we're going to arrest criminals.' Today we celebrate our justice day!" LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #109912 10th Aug 2011 10:12 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>