Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > My first 1500 miles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
EYorkshire

Read it in a brochure somewhere, but here's a LR link, look under "Material Strength"
http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/lr/owners/s...ine-parts/

Post #97299 1st Apr 2011 3:26 pm
zoey

United States 

Quote:
Land Rover Genuine Exhausts:

Material Strength - Stainless steel is used to give the entire exhaust system a robust and durable structure, able to withstand exhaust gas temperatures in excess of 700ºC. However, should you be a Yank, we've went ahead and properly cocked up your exhaust here at the factory. We guarantee that it will develop rust within the first 1500 miles. If not, simply pay for removal, shipping to-and-fro and we will make sure it is good and rusty prior to re-installation.

Post #98170 8th Apr 2011 9:06 pm
zoey

United States 

Went in for my 6 month service under warranty and was told that the rusting exhaust "is normal given our weather conditions" and that all of the Rovers experience this around my neck of the woods. Not sure I agree that this should be happening, but what can I do?

I have also had a problem with engine pinging while under load. When the transmission is in 6th gear, and I'm "dogging" it up a hill, I can hear what I believe to be pre-ignition. I confirmed this by switching the transmission into manual mode; dropping into 6th gear, and punching the accelerator. The noise is repeatable. I have been using 91 octane gas.

I told the dealer about it, but they state that they were unable to reproduce the noise. However, on the way home it did it again.

The heater intermittently cut out this past winter. For no reason it would start blowing cold air.

The TPMS (?) headlights locked into position three times this winter, and a warning indicator appeared on the dash. I informed the dealer of this, but they were unable to find any fault. As I understand it, the fault is not stored within the ECU.

With the warmer temperatures my gas mileage has increased from about 17mpg to around 20. The onboard computer is quite generous when computing the average mileage. It is consistently high by 1.9 mpg.

The bluetooth likes to ignore my phone occasionally, so I have to remind it to chat with my phone.

I have about 3500 miles on the vehicle now. I thought it was a waste to take it to the dealer for the oil change, but had I done it later, it would have been at my expense (6 months or 7500 miles; whichever came first).

Post #104143 3rd Jun 2011 5:43 am
Hillbillypop

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Izmir Blue

zoey wrote:
Went in for my 6 month service under warranty and was told that the rusting exhaust "is normal given our weather conditions" and that all of the Rovers experience this around my neck of the woods. Not sure I agree that this should be happening, but what can I do?

I have also had a problem with engine pinging while under load. When the transmission is in 6th gear, and I'm "dogging" it up a hill, I can hear what I believe to be pre-ignition. I confirmed this by switching the transmission into manual mode; dropping into 6th gear, and punching the accelerator. The noise is repeatable. I have been using 91 octane gas.

I told the dealer about it, but they state that they were unable to reproduce the noise. However, on the way home it did it again.

The heater intermittently cut out this past winter. For no reason it would start blowing cold air.

The TPMS (?) headlights locked into position three times this winter, and a warning indicator appeared on the dash. I informed the dealer of this, but they were unable to find any fault. As I understand it, the fault is not stored within the ECU.

With the warmer temperatures my gas mileage has increased from about 17mpg to around 20. The onboard computer is quite generous when computing the average mileage. It is consistently high by 1.9 mpg.

The bluetooth likes to ignore my phone occasionally, so I have to remind it to chat with my phone.

I have about 3500 miles on the vehicle now. I thought it was a waste to take it to the dealer for the oil change, but had I done it later, it would have been at my expense (6 months or 7500 miles; whichever came first).

Why did ye no buy a jeep?
Switch heating to ECO as auto does flood the car with fresh cool air then re-adjusts itself to set temp
Its your phone that's ignoring blootooth
As for your noises we now live in the year of the plastic which as nature intended expands and contracts with heat just listen to your gutters when the sushines. the only cars using hardboard and leather are hand built
As for MPG you should have bought a diesel or a Nisson micra
I bought a Izuzu Trooper back in the early eighties and never had 1 bit of problem in the 3 years I kept it after 18 months I took it in for a set of tyre and duly received a stern lecture of why did I buy this piece of carp when the uk builds Land rovers.
YOU JUST ANSWERED IT! Sad Mini and Anglia restorer TDI don't have a F*****g Clue

Post #171151 10th Feb 2013 1:24 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123