« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Newbie
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

landy19840 wrote:
Heated seats are a must tho! And heated front screen, I would never be without either now! Also cloth seats are sooo old sckol 80's!

Heated seats are only needed if you have leather. I had full leather in a fiesta ST and heated seats. Leather is too much hassle with the care kits etc to prevent cracking although easier to wipe clean if you have kids spilling stuff. Not an issue for me though so I prefer the cloth seats and would not change.

I have heated windscreen and washer jets in mine though and they are damn useful Thumbs Up LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #100380 30th Apr 2011 3:19 pm
landy19840

Israel 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Heated seats are required on all cars! And its no hassle to clean or maintain, my 07 defender had leather that was like new after 100k and it was a work vehicle! Air con seats are also great, maybe on my disco4 next year!

Post #100381 30th Apr 2011 3:44 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

Heated seats I suppose if you go in for naked driving (or very short skirts/hotpants if that's your thing). The heated washer jets would have been most useful last winter though. I had to stop and let the engine heat unfreeze them a few times while desperately trying to get through Yorkshire without being spotted by the natives.

Post #100383 30th Apr 2011 4:38 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

landy19840 wrote:
Heated seats are required on all cars! And its no hassle to clean or maintain, my 07 defender had leather that was like new after 100k and it was a work vehicle! Air con seats are also great, maybe on my disco4 next year!

Wrong! There is no need whatsoever for heated seats in mine. I got into the car last winter at -24C and within seconds I was nice and warm in the seats. Having experienced full leather once I would not buy another until I could have one (Like Disco 4 or Rangie) that has air con seats. Too hot in the summer. LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #100384 30th Apr 2011 4:43 pm
landy19840

Israel 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Could not be without them now! I would rather use third world transport(public transport) than not have heated seats!

Post #100387 30th Apr 2011 4:56 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

landy19840 wrote:
Could not be without them now! I would rather use third world transport(public transport) than not have heated seats!

I'd rather walk than have them. Complete waste of money. If you have leather then you need them cos of how cold leather gets in winter. I have no intention of buying a car with leather seats unless as per my above post, they have air con facility. LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #100388 30th Apr 2011 5:10 pm
ad210358

England 

Hicksy wrote:
Thanks all, some things there to consider, I got the impression from the sales guy that I might consider not to have an s model, thinking of keeping it 2-3years which is a long time for me, was thinking of a ford kuga titanium really like the looks of that and is very to nice drive too, but landrover finace makes it easier for me to purchase a new car gonna have a look at stratstones of Aylesbury today or Monday .

Good luck with Aylesbury branch, I gave up with them and they are only a mile from my front door, calls not returned even if you call in they won't give you the time of day unless you make an appointment and even then you won't get any sense out of the sales department, absolute shower of Censored
Workshop is ok but sales not a clue, wouldn't Censored on if they were on fire.

Post #100404 30th Apr 2011 8:09 pm
Hicksy

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

hi all, thanks again for all your imputs, as i have a garage to put my car in i dont really need heated screen , not to fussed about heated seats ,did think about parking sensors but not sure yet on those , any way made my way over to aylesbury today, its only about 20 miles from home , went to stratstones, well must admit come away from there very dissapointed, no effort at all was made to try and sell me a car, i had to do all the prompting, did not even get the sales guy's name, specced up a white gs with 18 inch ten spoke alloys privacy glass , spoiler, spare wheel , got to wait for a price now on tuesday, might add a sunroof yet depends on the quote, will add mats and mud flaps , asked what sort of discount they offer and he said upto 5% sounds like thers plenty more to come once we get other dealers on board hopefully more helpful ones, going to stratford on monday to guy salmons, we'll see.

Last edited by Hicksy on 30th Apr 2011 9:01 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #100409 30th Apr 2011 8:47 pm
Hicksy

hi ad210358, just seen your last post, you are spot on with your stratstone review, could not agree more

Post #100410 30th Apr 2011 8:49 pm
ad210358

England 

Hicksy, now phone LPR and you will have a totally opposite experiance Thumbs Up

Post #100413 30th Apr 2011 8:56 pm
Hicksy

heard this before , just checked there site for a map, pretty much a straight line for me, down the m 40, just over an hour away, i will have a look soon

Last edited by Hicksy on 30th Apr 2011 9:11 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #100416 30th Apr 2011 9:01 pm
Hicksy

simont wrote:
Am I right in thinking that the new 'S' models already have the Terrain Control knob fitted?

yes it does

Post #100417 30th Apr 2011 9:04 pm
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

landy19840 wrote:
Heated seats are a must tho! And heated front screen, I would never be without either now! Also cloth seats are sooo old sckol 80's!

Think I read somewhere that the new Evoque has a heated steering wheel too!, now how on earth anyone would ever consider buying a car without this essential option beats me Laughing its a wonder any other manufacturers ever sell any cars at all now, including new FL2. I was only wrong once and thats when I thought I was but wasnt.

2010 Freelander 2 XS Stornaway Grey
2010 Aston DBS Morning Frost
2010 Bentley Continental Brooklands Green

Post #100428 30th Apr 2011 10:23 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Mona Geeza wrote:
landy19840 wrote:

Think I read somewhere that the new Evoque has a heated steering wheel too!, now how on earth anyone would ever consider buying a car without this essential option beats me Laughing its a wonder any other manufacturers ever sell any cars at all now, including new FL2.

My ex boss had a 911 with heated steering wheel Laughing LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #100429 30th Apr 2011 10:30 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

im still waiting for heated indicator stalks.... Whistle

Post #100439 1st May 2011 12:45 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>