« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Extended warranty quote
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
The Doctor

United Kingdom 
Extended warranty quote

Just gone on LR site and got a quote for extended warranty. The warranty doesn't expire until April 2013 but my finance package runs until April 2014.

So that I am covered for the last 12 months until I decide what to do with the car, the quote I received is £585 or £58.50 per month. This doesn't include breakdown cover but I can get that cheaper through Churchill as part of my insurance policy anyway.

The quote is based on current value of my car which is apparently £17k (more after some snow I expect) and the spec etc.

What do you guys think of the quote? LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #112253 6th Sep 2011 7:26 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

well I keep being told how good they are and that they never go wrong so why would you need an extended warranty ! ?

so far in the period of extended warranty of just 8 weeks mines had
EGR
Instrument pack
steering rack
PAS pump
reservoir
H/b quadrants
sensor, so a few grands worth !

& its still got numerous faults outstanding ! Dealer is very focused but its had about 3 weeks at the dealer in total over the last 10 weeks

Its had too many faults to list whilst under warranty ! cover 6 pages of A4 of problems, wouldn't be so bad if L/R would accept its a shed

Post #112255 6th Sep 2011 7:35 pm
philsh

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

Mine's 18 months out of warranty now. I considered the extended warranty, but think it's a total rip off. I appreciate the fact it's money well spent if you have something major go wrong. It's another expensive insurance.

My experience of the FL2 has been very good, especially taking into account mine's an early model. You'll always get a rogue one, such as 'oldgeezer's', but, on the whole they're pretty reliable. Thumbs Up Gone - TD4 XS Auto, Sumatra Black, Mud flaps and side strips, clear indicators, private plate, privacy glass

Post #112261 6th Sep 2011 7:51 pm
MVS

My LR quote was similar last Nov.

So far I have had the central locking fixed twice, and it now has to go in for the rear diff either repaired or replaced.

I'm not happy I'm getting more than my money's worth! If that makes sense Confused

Post #112262 6th Sep 2011 7:52 pm
charlie71

Probably better off putting £50 aside each month.. and using it in case you need it.
I was tempted when my freelander fell out of warranty, but left it and never needed to use it.

Charlie.

Post #112283 6th Sep 2011 9:28 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

? I'm paying £43 a month for mine. Haven't needed it, but I think with a Land Rover it's best to be safe.

Post #112288 6th Sep 2011 10:16 pm
Kershaw 39

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Orkney Grey

I have been thinking about this myself and after a similar quote off LR had a look around online " car protect" are looking ok ...£21.80 a month for as long as you like up to 2 years ... covers seems ok as well. clutch is even covered . mines a 07 and been winging it since march with no warranty !! but I can hear a slight wine from the rear !!! oh no !!! . A my body got any feedback or experience on CAR PROTECT .

Post #112293 6th Sep 2011 11:03 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

price sounds about right - i'd be tempted to go into a dealer and see if you can get LR Assist thrown in also.

I've said before that I think if the car has been well behaved and you know the history then in theory you are probably better putting the money to one side and keeping it for an emergancy as the chances are if its been ok in the first three yrs it will be ok for then next three.

If on the otherhand you think you have picked up a bit of a lemon like OG then I think it is a no brainer... Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #112295 6th Sep 2011 11:30 pm
MVS

Mine was well behaved, FLRDSH, central locking started playing up at 3ys 3months old, rear diff started getting noisy at 3yrs 9 months old.

So I'm sorry, but history & how it's been looked after means nothing with a LR for me Whistle

I've had this one since it was 7 months old 7k miles it was a LR management car, and it hasn't had a hard life with me either. I have had 3 x D3's in the past and know the benefit of the warranty sadly.

Post #112316 7th Sep 2011 11:10 am
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Just got my warranty renewal card through the post this morning - got me thinking now Confused Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #112322 7th Sep 2011 11:48 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1