« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Request from Dealer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 

Scotland 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Rimini Red
Request from Dealer

Hi,

Its a bit of a long story which I won't go into yet as I may be taking legal action against the dealer. However the short version is, my Freelander developed a noise and vibration from the rear which I pointed out on a number of occasions to the dealer before my warrantee run out and they didn't do anything about it until the warrantee had run out! At which point the problem was fixed by the dealer but only after I had discussed the situation with my lawyer who advised I would not be liable to any costs. A few weeks on and the dealer has sent me an email asking for a copy of my V5 Certificate so they can claim back the cost of the parts they replaced from Land Rover.

Has anyone else experienced this before? Why would Land Rover require my V5 Certificate for anything?

Thanks,
222 www.222photography.co.uk

Post #109485 7th Aug 2011 10:43 am
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

When I had a similar out of warranty situation all my dealer requested was an email from me confirming dates when I'd reported the problem while still in warranty and an explanation as to why there was a delay in repairing the problem out of warranty which was down to work commitments and availability of a loan vehicle. At no stage was I asked for a V5, the dealer should know when the vehicle was first registered and to whom.

Post #109486 7th Aug 2011 11:11 am
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

LR will possibly want proof of ownership as vehicle was repaired outside standard time. When I was service manager with Ford this was often required as dealers sometimes fiddled claims on trade in vehicles, charging repairs to LR when preparing cars for resale.
We had also to take a rubbing strip from vin plate to prove car had been on premises,. All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #109487 7th Aug 2011 11:12 am
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: Request from Dealer

222 wrote:
Hi,

Its a bit of a long story which I won't go into yet as I may be taking legal action against the dealer. However the short version is, my Freelander developed a noise and vibration from the rear which I pointed out on a number of occasions to the dealer before my warrantee run out and they didn't do anything about it until the warrantee had run out! At which point the problem was fixed by the dealer but only after I had discussed the situation with my lawyer who advised I would not be liable to any costs. A few weeks on and the dealer has sent me an email asking for a copy of my V5 Certificate so they can claim back the cost of the parts they replaced from Land Rover.

Has anyone else experienced this before? Why would Land Rover require my V5 Certificate for anything?

Thanks,

Never had to show my V5 for any work done on my car, in or out of warranty. You can get the date of first registration off the DVLC site without that so I cant see they need it for conformation of that.
Is it a Land Rover main dealer? Are you the original owner from new?

Post #109488 7th Aug 2011 11:14 am
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Ive never heard of this before. With the registration plate landrover can get all the information they need including all its preveous work history, who has owned the car and for how long.
Basicaly if you have brought to there attention, a fault with in the warranty period its their juty to log it with landrover and should the fault not be rectified by the end of the warranty then it should still be sorted as the problem accurred inside the warranty period.

Post #109489 7th Aug 2011 11:21 am

Scotland 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Rimini Red

Thanks for the replies, I am the original owner and I have had it from new. It must be due to it being repaired outside its warranty and the dealer proving its not one of their stock cars. I only ask as I find this particular dealer to be very sneaky and underhand, right from the day I bought the car, even the part which was finally replaced was not the same part they eventually told me was needing replaced!

Thanks again,
222 www.222photography.co.uk

Post #109490 7th Aug 2011 11:27 am
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

Manufacturers carry out warranty audits on dealers, when discrepancies occur various penalties are applied, the removal of automatic authorisation except for major unit, the smallest repair may require prior authority or all claims submitted indvidual scrutiny at factory.
Worst case is when 2nd or 3rd audit shows further mistakes dealer can be back charged 10 times the ammount of unsubstantiated claim. All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #109500 7th Aug 2011 2:23 pm
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

hi 222
i would ask the dealer why he wants the v5 i have had loads of warranty work carried out on vehicles and i have never been asked for the v5 document if his reply sounds fishey do not give it him i still work at a main dealer in the commercial sector
and i will make some enquires for you from our service dept and let you know, i can tell you that through our system that is connected to the factory computer we can get all infomation required including who the operater of the vehicle is at the current time this does realy make me suspicious why he wants it. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation rainy-city
xs

Post #109525 7th Aug 2011 8:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tigger

United Kingdom 

druand wrote:
Manufacturers carry out warranty audits on dealers, when discrepancies occur various penalties are applied, the removal of automatic authorisation except for major unit, the smallest repair may require prior authority or all claims submitted indvidual scrutiny at factory.
Worst case is when 2nd or 3rd audit shows further mistakes dealer can be back charged 10 times the ammount of unsubstantiated claim.

I'm reading and understanding your posts druand, even if so few others seem to be! Rolling Eyes

Post #109526 7th Aug 2011 8:55 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Which dealer Question local Question Whistle ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #109633 8th Aug 2011 9:29 pm
blue ten

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

AS IN T+C ? Rolling Eyes

Post #109762 9th Aug 2011 9:02 pm