Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > retro fitted Sat Nav
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
jaksbak@freel2

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

I've had the Garmin 1490 installed and it looks quite appropriate within the alloted slot. I suspect LR might use this strategy for future vehicles as it allows for the latest technology without having to worry about redundancy between the design and production stages. I bought my new SD4 from a dealer 3 hours away because the rep used to be the service manager. His knowledge of the vehicle seems outstanding. Given the heads-up from these forums, I told him to explain how I could easily update the mapping software on the (dealer-fitted) 1490. What surprised me during the handover, was his simplistic explanation about how to get at the Navman. Rather than going through the glove box, as described by others, he told me to pry open the speaker panel ?? directly above the space where the sat-nav unit sits. Too easy; though I didn't bother prying it open for confirmation. Australia/New Zealand software - quite good in the city but total crap in the country. It's wired up to the ignition, so powers up on start. Facia is black, rather than the fugly brown shown on a few snaps in earlier months.

Post #99331 20th Apr 2011 1:43 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12