« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Power Steering Fluid
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Greybeard

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver
Power Steering Fluid

I see my power steering fluid coild do with a top up. The book specifies Pentosin CHF202 PAS, however, I can't source that locally (nearest LR dealer about 30 miles away). I always used Castrol Dexron III in my RR Classic for 10 years without problems. Are there any alternatives to Pentosin or should I stick to the LR recommendation?

I have had my Aug 08 Freely for a completely trouble free year now. Brilliant! Best vehicle I have ever had for towing (caravan - sorry CG) and in snow and that includes the classic.

Post #126425 6th Jan 2012 6:51 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black
Re: Power Steering Fluid

Greybeard wrote:
(caravan - sorry CG)

say it like you mean it Rolling Eyes too many false apologies from vanners on this site , you just cant trust em Confused
well you can trust them to block the highways on bank holidays and ruin everyones weekends Evil or Very Mad At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #126432 6th Jan 2012 7:08 pm
ad210358

England 
Re: Power Steering Fluid

chicken george wrote:
Greybeard wrote:
(caravan - sorry CG)

say it like you mean it Rolling Eyes too many false apologies from vanners on this site , you just cant trust em Confused
well you can trust them to block the highways on bank holidays and ruin everyones weekends Evil or Very Mad

At last CG got a spell checker for Christamas Laughing

Post #126444 6th Jan 2012 8:24 pm
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

dont be sorry about it being very good at towing a caravan its what all landrovers are made for Thumbs Up ps do you live anyware near chickerell have spent many a good holiday there at seabarn farm CAMPING and CARAVAN site
and you guys down there are in for a heavy 2012 with the olympics coming :thumbsup:sory in relation to p/s fluid if you have a good motrist shop he should be able to give you the right product for the job they will have a application chart rainy-city
xs

Post #126446 6th Jan 2012 8:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
alex_pescaru

Try to find and buy an equivalent if you don't find CHF202.
Here are some, for different manufacturers.
http://www.pentosin.net/pressreleases/CRP-...202_V2.pdf

Post #126447 6th Jan 2012 8:44 pm
Greybeard

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Many thanks Alex, that's useful.

Yes bigalf, I am very near Chickerell and Seabarn Farm. The owner now owns most of the land around here. As for Weymouth, the council have 'prepared' for the Olympics by digging up all our lovely roundabouts and installing 'intelligent' traffic lights that don't work Mad . The have also ripped out the Edwardian lamp posts and lights on the sea front and are going to install lasers!! They have vandalised the place. Not happy!! I am very happy about the Olympics but why oh why did the council have to ruin the place.

Post #126485 7th Jan 2012 11:36 am
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

we did have a relative that lives in weymouth nice part of the world fantastic view of portaland looking down on chesel beech, had a fantastic day a few years ago it was carinival day best day i had had for a long time sitting on side of the harbor fishing and a spitfire and hurricane doing an air display overhead have they finished the main road into weymouth yet from yovil was allways a bottleneck is was under construction when were there last its a shame about all the improvements be interesting to see if thay will move the funfair off the sands or will it stay for the olympics some time councils go a bit stupid on upgrading services same here in manchester metro link all the cost but not a lot use it fares are too dear Thumbs Up rainy-city
xs

Post #126499 7th Jan 2012 3:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1