« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Rear Connectivity System
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rosssyoung

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Rear Connectivity System

I want to fit a permenant DVD player under the passenger seat I want the feed to be hidden from view.

There is a 6 pin flat green socket under the base of the AV socket interface which you attach to the centre console would you know whether this is to plug a DVD player into so the connections are blind (hidden) ?

Also if this is in deed what this socket is for would you know what fitting type/name it is, as I am trying to track the cable to plug in to the player.

Finally can you run an audio cable to the back of the CD/Radio as there is supposed to be an auxillary audio connection here as we want the sound through the car speakers as the grand children are a little young for headphones.

If you can help it would be appreciated.

regards Ross

Post #93409 26th Feb 2011 3:22 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

I was wondering this bout the green plug also - posted it on a nother threa somewhere and got nothing... I'm guessing it is an ISO connector of some sort but i dont know what and so i dont know the pin outs etc for connecting a dvd player. I keep looking every now and again on t'interweb but not found anything yet.

As for the Aux connector - I do this today by using my iPod for video and then running the audio direct to the aux socket in the centre console, this way the kids can listen to the video through the cars speakers instead of using the headphones. If you hve got the rear music controls (pre 2009 i think) then you can plug in some ear phones and lsiten to the radio (I was doing just this the other day coming from Wales!)

The aux socket on the screens i believe allows you to plug something in with an audio output so for example the kids could listen to their ipod through the wireless headphones... it does not work the otherway round though

Good lukc on finding an adaptor for your DVD.... and let us know how you get on! Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #93457 26th Feb 2011 10:30 pm
rosssyoung

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Update to Chris's fitting intructions

All fitted now 2 1/2 hours start to finish used your diagrams which were invaluable and no need to remove the front dash area at all.

Mine is an auto box so only issue which needs possible to be added to your insructions is you will need to cable tie the gatter back on from underneath and you need to lock the white coonector back around the gear shift on reassembly which is a bit fiddly.

I can confirm the surpressor unit doesnt line up with the holes so needs redrilling to accomodate and also the template in the fitting insructions for the rear box is not right so needed modifying so the holes lined up.

Tested and all works fine.

Also by adding a twin rca connector to 3.5mm sterio audio jack from a dvd head positioned under the passenger seat you can play the sound through the car speakers without the need to use headphones particularly if you have young children or more tha two in tha back.

The green audio socket in the rear box is not requied so not sure why its there.
Once again thankyou for your help.

Regards ROSS

Post #93519 27th Feb 2011 3:30 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1