Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Waterless wash waxes etc.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Ralphk

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver
Waterless wash waxes etc.

What's the view on the waterless wash waxes etc. from you guys that know. I have seen a few posts but there doesn't seem to be a concensus on whether they are any good long term or which one is the best to use. It would save me hours now that herself keeps getting it dirty as well! By the way don't even think about suggesting that she cleans it. I tried that and I was in casualty for three hours getting something out of my rear orifice. Ralph
Zurmatt Silver, Diesel, Automatic, side steps, mud flaps, mats, boot liner, TomTom Start 60 installed, rubbing strips, removable Brink tow bar, after market tinted glass, front styling bar, Rear spoiler, Motorlicious tail pipe trim. Wood Company centre armrest

Post #88795 20th Jan 2011 1:31 pm
EYorkshire

I've never used it,the blurb says it surrounds the dirt then lifts it off Confused
I don't fancy wiping grit along my paintwork, much prefer to loosen with water/shampoo and fine brush, but I am prepared to be converted from users.

Post #88799 20th Jan 2011 1:39 pm
weirdfish

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey

Hmmmm not sure I'd use it. For a free country, it does seem pretty expensive these days.

Post #88812 20th Jan 2011 2:19 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

On detailingworld good reports are on optimal no rinse

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-...d_773.html

Im on the fence on this, as I can see it helping if your the type that washes the car x times per week, but if it's driven around for weeks on end then the grit etc is mounted up on the car Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #88817 20th Jan 2011 2:39 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

I personally would never do it that way with no water. The only time I would say it would be ok would be in the summer when it is just dusty rather than lumps of dirt. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #88822 20th Jan 2011 3:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

I would not use the no water ones, but the one listed in my previous post used a bucket or two. Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #88823 20th Jan 2011 3:49 pm
weirdfish

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:
I would not use the no water ones, but the one listed in my previous post used a bucket or two.

Which I suppose if you lived in a 10th floor flat, would be a good solution. For a free country, it does seem pretty expensive these days.

Post #88826 20th Jan 2011 4:09 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Very true, and as everything is Eco this and energy saving that, 2 buckets is less than 10 gallons through a hose Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #88827 20th Jan 2011 4:31 pm
Big Dave

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I dont' like the idea...we're not taxed yet to use a hosepipe so until the day comes I'm gonna get my usage from my outside tap! Mine: 2012 Golf GTI Edition 35
Family's: 2009 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Auto, Stornoway

Yorkshire - God's County

Post #88861 20th Jan 2011 6:45 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Likewise

Though it's good for washing the caravan and car whilst away Idea Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #88862 20th Jan 2011 6:50 pm
MacWallace

Scotland 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

Showroom Shine is Excellent! I have used it for years now. There are occasions if the car is heavily mudded when I will hose off most of the crap, then I use Showroom Shine. Spray it over each panel and wipe off with a damp Microfibre. A quick wipe with a dry Microfibre and the jobs done - 20 mins max for my F2 . My neighbour who has a Disco 3 watched me last year, asked for a shot on my motor! Now he uses nothing else. Try it !it really does work well Thumbs Up

Post #88871 20th Jan 2011 7:47 pm
asinrute

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black

Quote:
There are occasions if the car is heavily mudded when I will hose off most of the crap, then I use Showroom Shine. Spray it over each panel and wipe off with a damp Microfibre. A quick wipe with a dry Microfibre and the jobs done - 20 mins max for my F2 . My neighbour who has a Disco 3 watched me last year, asked for a shot on my motor! Now he uses nothing else. Try it !it really does work well

I agree with this post I use greased lightening same principal, is really excellent, likewise if its really muddy I will hose off the worst of it. Also it is great on plastics like door handles also is the best glass cleaner I have ever used.
Also HID uses it round the house for worktops, glass plastics etc is amazing stuff. I was, like most of you, very skeptical but now as you can tell am a convert. Bought mine from a shopping channel FL2 HSE Sumatra black with body kit

Post #88905 20th Jan 2011 10:04 pm
Boxer

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

MacWallace wrote:
Showroom Shine is Excellent! I have used it for years now. There are occasions if the car is heavily mudded when I will hose off most of the crap, then I use Showroom Shine. Spray it over each panel and wipe off with a damp Microfibre. A quick wipe with a dry Microfibre and the jobs done - 20 mins max for my F2 . My neighbour who has a Disco 3 watched me last year, asked for a shot on my motor! Now he uses nothing else. Try it !it really does work well Thumbs Up

Well I just ordered off amazon, so fingers crossed Thumbs Up Don't put petrol in a diesel. They don't run well.

Post #88908 20th Jan 2011 10:13 pm
Ralphk

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

Right then, General opinion seems to be that it is OK for lightly dirty vehicle but not for heavy work or as a satisfactory alternative to the old bucket, sponge and hose.
If that is right then it's for holidays etc.
Thanks for the input guys (and gals!) I will follow your advice. Ralph
Zurmatt Silver, Diesel, Automatic, side steps, mud flaps, mats, boot liner, TomTom Start 60 installed, rubbing strips, removable Brink tow bar, after market tinted glass, front styling bar, Rear spoiler, Motorlicious tail pipe trim. Wood Company centre armrest

Post #88959 21st Jan 2011 10:15 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Alot of the detailing world people who use the one I listed find they used it more and more

I think I'll buy some soon and give it a go Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #88975 21st Jan 2011 12:40 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>