« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > New 2010 XSe
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey
New 2010 XSe

Just bought a new 2010 XSe a couple of weeks ago, really pleased with it and have already done 7000 miles in it.
It is standard spec with just the metallic paint which was optional.
I found after delivery that it hadnt got the standard fitment heated front seats fitted which it supposed to have on all 2010 spec XS models, or the even the seat heater switches and after checking with the dealer who went back to Land Rover to ask we were told that they had investigated and found that due to a software problem on the production line a batch of XS's had gone through and this had been missed off the build sheets.
Checking around the dealers workshop I found some had heated seats some didnt so there must be a few out there not to the proper spec.
Worth checking if youre buying a new one or indeed a used 2010 XS to make sure the seats bits are in it.
Land Rover have said that fitting them after production is not practical for whatever reason, its not a obtain and swop procedure they said.
They then said its not really a problem as it wont affect the resale price anyway, cant quite see that somehow.
Anyway not wishing to have a brand new car pulled apart anyway, they offered me a cash refund and free metallic paint, and as the seats are cloth inserts its not such a problem in cold weather as leather as the cloth is sort of warm to start with.
Just goes to show you should check everything is there before you leave the dealers even standard items, fortunately they hadnt forgot the wheels! Rolling Eyes I was only wrong once and thats when I thought I was but wasnt.

2010 Freelander 2 XS Stornaway Grey
2010 Aston DBS Morning Frost
2010 Bentley Continental Brooklands Green

Post #68989 22nd May 2010 10:14 am
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

I seem to remember someone else on here recently had the same issue! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #68991 22nd May 2010 10:26 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
heatha05

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Fuji White

Yes. It was me. I'm still having discussions with the dealership, but they're essentially saying that they can't be retro-fitted. We're now in conversation about a replacement vehicle......They're trying to make me pay for use of my original car, up until the replacement is delivered (another 8 weeks or so). Just wondered if this was normal procedure? I was advised not to reject the car straioght away, otherwise I'd just have kept driving round my old banger until the correct car was delivered. Fuji White MY13 SD4 Dynamic
gone: Rimini Red MY10 td4_e XS

Last edited by heatha05 on 25th May 2010 5:58 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #69193 25th May 2010 5:13 pm
Marky

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Sales of goods act - 'not fit for purpose' or spec not as described......... I'd simply tell them that I shall be seeking legal advice and will also seek costs from them for that advice and any court costs.

If you don't feel confident doing that, I'm sure BBC watchdog would be interested in dragging LR through the mire.

Heath, I think they have a nerve wanting to charge you for being in a position they put you in....... if you have lost any work time trrying to sort it out tell them you want loss of earnings too the robbing b Censored d's

Good luck chaps......... better to be a wolf than a sheep !! Thumbs Up 2010 FL2 XS Auto in Santorini Black with HSE alloys

Post #69194 25th May 2010 5:22 pm
The Valeter

heatha05 wrote:
Yes. It was me. I'm still having discussions with the dealership, but they're essentially saying that they can't be retro-fitted. We're now in conversation about a replacement vehicle......They're trying to make me pay for use of my original car, up until the replacement is delivered (another 8 weeks or so). Just wondered if this was normal procedure? I was advised not to reject the car straioght away, otherwise I'd just have kept driving round my old banger until the correct car was delivered.

Tell them to poke it. You ordered a said vehicle & signed the order, they delivered the wrong one = not your fault at all, it is theirs. If they can't read an order form that's tough. Stand your ground till they forfill the correct order.

A customer of mine recently ordered a brand new Mitsubishi Double Cab truck (forgot the actual name of it) but he ordered an auto & when he went to collect it the vehicle was a manual. He refused it & was given the showroom demo till his correct caris delivered & has to date done 4200 miles in it & will pay not but the fuel.

When I ordered mine I made it quite plain that if any item of the spe was wrong I would be waving the vehicle goodbye & tell them to contact me when the right one arrived, luckily for them it was correct! Though I would not have complained if I was given an auto in place of the manual as the error would have been in my favour!! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #69221 25th May 2010 8:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Valeter

Marky wrote:
Sales of goods act - 'not fit for purpose' or spec not as described......... I'd simply tell them that I shall be seeking legal advice and will also seek costs from them for that advice and any court costs.

If you don't feel confident doing that, I'm sure BBC watchdog would be interested in dragging LR through the mire.

Heath, I think they have a nerve wanting to charge you for being in a position they put you in....... if you have lost any work time trrying to sort it out tell them you want loss of earnings too the robbing b Censored d's

Good luck chaps......... better to be a wolf than a sheep !! Thumbs Up

My sentiments exactly!! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #69222 25th May 2010 8:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1