« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > My Freelander 2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Pitkin2020

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Izmir Blue
My Freelander 2

Always liked the Freelander 2 so after seeing a really poor Facebook ad for a really cheap one I thought I'd take a punt as I was looking for a project. However the project is turning more into a hobby now lol, my doorbell doesn't seem to stop ringing with the constant parts deliveries.

Whilst it runs really well and the engine sounds fine it does have some issues which this forum has been a great help with info and advice. Condition wise I would say it's pretty fair, has some marks and dings but for a 2007 car it's straight. It's benefited from a deep clean inside and out as it was pretty grotty.

So far I've replaced the power steering pump, but it needs a new steering rack which hopefully will be going in very soon. The next project will be the rear subframe. I'm hoping once those are done it should fly through an MOT and just leaves a list of niggles,
Rear doors lock but don't unlock
Parking sensors don't work, replaced module didn't make any difference, plugged old module in and they worked for a day lol
Rear tailgate can only be opened from the key
Roof trim missing
Side mirrors very floppy, they power fold from internal buttons but not on lock

Like I said more a hobby than a project but it'll be fun......so I keep telling the wife

Post #443278 13th Jul 2024 7:48 pm
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

The door latches use small motors (2 per latch) which can be purchased from Ali-Express for a few quid. Its several hours work to replace them (lots to remove and put back), but not difficult. I did my drivers door for less than £10.

The tailgate microswitch often fails and easily replaced with a new after-market one from e-bay.

Threads on here covering both these. Jules

Post #443286 13th Jul 2024 10:18 pm
Pitkin2020

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Izmir Blue

Good shout on AliExpress I had found new ones on eBay for a £20 but I'll look on AliExpress express. Just found the door handle caps on AliExpress for less than half the price I could find on ebay

Post #443290 14th Jul 2024 6:09 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1