Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Parking sensors have stopped working, error U0252-00 (2F)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Mike_A4

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Parking sensors have stopped working, error U0252-00 (2F)

Dear Team,

Sudden failure of the parking sensors and a long beep when the ignition goes on. GAP tool shows "U0252-00 (2F) Lost communication with the rear lighting control module B"

The live values for all the sensors are stuck at 2.5m.

Also "B10EA-14 (2F) Positive temperature coefficient heater - General electrical failure - circuit short to ground or open"

Suggestions (other than "Burn it!") appreciated, thank you.

Post #442897 29th Jun 2024 9:21 am
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

On the rear off side behind the bumper is the wiring loom from the rear sensors , there is a connector for the bumper sensor loom , quite high up . It is susceptible to corrosion due to its position. so itโ€™s one place to start . 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #442899 29th Jun 2024 10:43 am
Nodge68

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red

PCT heater is a common problem. Mine hasn't worked since getting it 4 years ago.
It's often the PCT heater itself at fault, but can also be fuses or the relay. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ultimate. The replacement for the SE.
2009 Rimini Red SE TD4. Almost sold.
2006 Tonga Green i6 HSE. Gone.

Post #442906 29th Jun 2024 11:41 pm
Mike_A4

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

No, it's all much odder than that.

The fault will not clear and I get the long "beeeep" four seconds after the engine starts to let me know the rear sensors aren't working. But...

If I start the engine and immediately go into reverse, the sensors correctly report the proximity of the garage door for four seconds - and then go silent. So they are working, it's the module deciding otherwise.

Everything else is working correctly at the rear - almost. The tow hitch was fitted a year ago using all the correct items (Witter and Hella) but initially using the trailer indicators resulted in a rapid flash. Telling the black box that a tow hitch was fitted made the indicators run at the correct speed, but I've never had the trailer light repeat indication work. This may be relevant or a red herring.

How can I make the rear body control module stop deciding that the parking sensors aren't working when they definitely can and would if it would let them?

Post #443996 11th Aug 2024 6:22 pm
Nodge68

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red

The BCM takes all the data from the various data busses and sends it to where it's supposed to be going. There isn't a rear BCM, just the main unit behind the glove box, which LR call the CJB, short for central junction box.
The PDC module is behind the LH boot panel, quite close to the towing ECM, they even share some wiring and a grounding point.

I'd be tempted to take a look to make sure everything is as it should be. Does the vehicle have front PDC too? Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ultimate. The replacement for the SE.
2009 Rimini Red SE TD4. Almost sold.
2006 Tonga Green i6 HSE. Gone.

Post #443997 11th Aug 2024 7:52 pm
Lrg1989

United Kingdom 

Hi there,
Did you ever find a fix to this?
I am having exactly the same issue.
Sensors will work for a few seconds if I put it into reverse immediately and then long beep and they are inactive. I'm assuming it's sensing a fault somewhere and am disabling them.
I have checked the connector to the wiring loom in the rear bumper and there is no corrosion. I can not read live data to the sensors as they are inactive as soon as I turn the ignition on.

Please help ๐Ÿ˜

Post #444550 7th Sep 2024 2:11 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1