« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > This bloody freelander 🀬🀬🀬🀬
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Mikekitts81

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
This bloody freelander 🀬🀬🀬🀬

Fixed my injector seals and sorted all feul rail and battery fully charged but still a no go

The engine turns fine on the crankshaft pulley clockwise with a 22mm and a wrench so the engine is free and turning but just doesn't turn over it sounds like it's just spinning like there's no compression at all or like something isn't engaging or like it's just not trying to fire up...

Tried the starter motor changed all bushing selniods etc works great but it's just not even trying to fire...

Can my clutch have gone would this cause my issue of it just not trying as it needs clutch in to start or is that just a switch on the pedal πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

Post #442108 31st May 2024 10:32 pm
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

There is a switch on the pedal, maybe 2, to tell the system the pedal position. Is the engine turning on the starter motor or is it just the starter motor spinning? If you don’t push in the clutch pedal and press the start button you should have the accessories and instruments turn on.

Post #442111 1st Jun 2024 7:04 am
Nodge68

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red
Re: This bloody freelander 🀬🀬🀬🀬

Mikekitts81 wrote:
Fixed my injector seals and sorted all feul rail and battery fully charged but still a no go

The engine turns fine on the crankshaft pulley clockwise with a 22mm and a wrench so the engine is free and turning but just doesn't turn over it sounds like it's just spinning like there's no compression at all or like something isn't engaging or like it's just not trying to fire up...

Tried the starter motor changed all bushing selniods etc works great but it's just not even trying to fire...

Can my clutch have gone would this cause my issue of it just not trying as it needs clutch in to start or is that just a switch on the pedal πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

If you've had the higj pressure injector lines off, then it will take several cycles of the starter to purge air through the injectors. Expect delayed starting for a couple if starts after it's running too, as some air can remain. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ultimate. The replacement for the SE.
2009 Rimini Red SE TD4. Almost sold.
2006 Tonga Green i6 HSE. Gone.

Post #442114 1st Jun 2024 8:00 am
Mikekitts81

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

It doesn't seem to turn over at all it just seems to spin like it's not even attempting before all this happened on start up there was a load screeching sound and all i found once checking the engine was blown injectors so thought the engine had locked on shut off.. So I checked the belts etc and checked all the injectors etc and all is good took the starter off and replaced all the bushings and stuff from a repair kit and all works good..

Iam just at my whits end with it.. It's starting to bug me now I also snapped the crankshaft bolt that holds the pulley on taking it off to check all the timing etc so that's another job to do now aswell iam hoping a left hand drill bit will help possibly if not guess it's a drill out and rethread for a different bolt as there is rumour the engine maker made it smaller a larger one fits fine.. It was a lovely car but a year in now and it's had alsorts done and is now just failing me all time 😭

Post #442124 1st Jun 2024 10:53 am
Nodge68

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red

If there's no bolt holding the crank pulley on, then the cam timing will be out, as timing is held correctly by the crush of the pulley bolt. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ultimate. The replacement for the SE.
2009 Rimini Red SE TD4. Almost sold.
2006 Tonga Green i6 HSE. Gone.

Post #442127 1st Jun 2024 11:31 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1