Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Have you every had one of those times!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
norfie

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame
Have you every had one of those times!!!

Have you ever had one of those times when you wonder why we like our cars so much. So far Ive had to have a new clutch because the crankshaft oil seal was leaking, then one of the injector return pipes failed covering the engine bay with diesel, got the car back today and the battery failed. Whats next??

Post #299001 19th May 2016 8:46 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Both previous 2 cars I had each for 18 years, both went through stages of lots of things needing fixing. My 504 which was 25 years old by the time I got rid of it. Had a good spell the last few years, but because I had it so long I knew all the things that were going to break down the following year. So it was not worth keeping any longer & bought a new car. Then went through the cycle again.

This is why I bought our current car. If I amortise all the costs it was far cheaper to hang onto the cars as long as I did rather than replacing every 5 years. I have also never been interested in getting into the finance cycle for cars. Just save & pay cash for a new one, or second hand as my first car was. Now saving for the next car or electric mobility scooter! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #299002 19th May 2016 10:53 pm
Chuckalicious

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Santorini Black

I'm the same Surprised although everything has been covered by extended warranty so far, I am not renewing it this year so will take the gamble. Despite its problems, I love the car. Driving position, capability, looks and just general Land Roverness Smile

I too will keep the car until it falls apart unless something crazy breaks and isn't financially viable to repair. So, could be tomorrow of course! FL2 TD4 GS 60 reg Facelift - tailgate paint issues, fuel gauge rewire, transfer box failure at 36k miles, clutch at 60k
Reconditioned diff at 70k ish
Sold at 84k and now on a DS. Terribly unreliable.
Sold DS for a 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. Fingers crossed....
Sold Outlander for a 2014 SD4 SE Tech because Iā€™m mental
Now greatly regret selling the Outlander. MPG of the FL2 is atrocious and so are the fuel bills. Fun though šŸ˜Ž

Post #299009 20th May 2016 7:27 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1