« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Headlamp Assembly Sidelight
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
hammerman

Canada 2013 LR2 2.0T SE Auto Santorini Black
Headlamp Assembly Sidelight

Do the MY13+ EU or UK headlamp assembly have any provisions for the reflector to light up? I want to call this a sidelight but don't want to get it confused with the repeaters that are located on the side vents. On my MY13 LR2 SAE spec I have amber reflectors that are lit with LED's wired from the back of the round DRL LED cluster. Do the EU or UK headlamps have this as well?

The reason I ask is that I can get a pair of EU spec Xenon headlamps to upgrade my current SAE spec halogens but need to understand if the sidelights (reflectors) actually light up as this is a requirement in Canada. If the light isn't present can anyone tell me if the wiring connection is there (without the actual LED light) off the back of the round DRL?

Any help would be appreciated guys, thanks.

Post #280159 2nd Nov 2015 8:57 pm
Landiroamer

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Orkney Grey

Not sure quite what youre trying to do but the back of the round headlight drl is just a printed circuit board.

Post #280164 2nd Nov 2015 10:24 pm
hammerman

That's right Landiroamer, on my SAE spec headlight there is a connection on the back of the round circuit board with wiring supplying power to the sidelight LED's behind the amber reflector. I am not sure if this wiring and LED light is present on the EU or UK spec version of the headlight, as having lit reflectors (or side markers/sidelights, however you want to call them) are only optional by law in Europe from what I have read.

All I am asking if someone can confirm if the light and/or the wiring are present in your version of the headlight assembly or not? Sorry if this sounds confusing, I hope I am describing it with enough detail for someone to respond. Embarassed

Here is an external photo of the sidelight (amber) that I am asking about. Sorry for the image rotation, can't seem to correct that. I will try to upload a photo of the internals of the headlight assembly showing the wires supplying this sidelight coming from the round LED board.

UPDATE:I have added photos of the internals below

This one shows the round LED circuit board and an arrow pointing to the supply connection to the sidelights:

This one shows the arrow pointing at the sidelight LED looking in from the indicator light opening.

Hope this helps explain my question, does the EU or UK have this wiring or lights?

Post #280166 2nd Nov 2015 10:37 pm
turboextreme

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Loire Blue

No the uk spec headlight don't have Marker lights fitted. Thumbs Up

Post #280209 3rd Nov 2015 11:37 am
hammerman

Thanks for confirming that on the UK spec, I assume it's the same on the EU spec as well?

If the light and wiring isn't present, can anyone confirm if the back of their round LED circuit board has the plastic connection fitting in place (white connector in the photo)? It could be worth my while to take out the LED light and wiring from my current headlight and transferring it to another one for it to work, but only if the connector was on the back of the LED already, sort of like plug and play. Otherwise I really don't want to get into locating the proper points and soldering it myself.

Anyone have a photo of the back of their round LED circuit board from a MY13+ headlight to share would be appreciated. Thanks.

Post #280224 3rd Nov 2015 2:00 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1