Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Returning to the brand for a 3rd time.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ghawk2005

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Manual Santorini Black
Returning to the brand for a 3rd time.

Hi Everyone,

I reluctantly part ex'ed my 2007 TD4 freelander 6 months ago because mine was causing problem after problem. I get the impression it was very poorly treated and maintained before my ownership. I was put off a little, so thought I'd go back to Ford....a Kuga. A lovely car, smooth, refined and utterly faultless in 6 months.... A car most people would kill for. However, the 'new car' novelty wore off after a few days, and couldn't go back on the deal and get mine back. I missed the land rover so much. Was toying with a Discovery 3 for a while, but knew these were hugely more expensive and suffered many expensive faults.

Test drove a few SD4s, and today I signed the deal on a 2010, SD4 XS with just 49,000 miles on the clock from a land rover dealership in Cheltenham. It has a 2 year approved used warranty which is I think what clinched the deal to be honest. It is an absolutely stunning car and better than my 2007 TD4 in every way. Its being delivered on Wednesday next week, and I am fantabulously excited.

Boy its great to be back with the Green Oval once again! Smile

Post #279080 21st Oct 2015 10:54 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

That's a nice looking one. We've just sold ours and are taking delivery of an Evoque on Friday. I also bought an approved used one for the warranty in case it goes majorly wrong and skints me! It's a lot plusher but a bit smaller. Nearly 3 years of trouble free motoring (apart from a throttle body) on the FL2 and I just hope I get the same from the Evoque. We may be back in an FL2 one day - only time will tell!

Post #279081 21st Oct 2015 11:03 pm
freelander2002

England 2010 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

welcome back to the dark side Thumbs Up

the lure of a landrover is a rather strange one, I sold my freelander 1 back in 2012 and missed it till i bought a freelander 2 at the start of last month. 2010 HSE SD4 in Santorini black
(Privacy glass, leather/heated seats, ICE, Verde AS M+S)

2002 Freelander GS TD4
(sold 2011)

Post #279094 22nd Oct 2015 9:14 am
rjc1944

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Welcome back to Land Rovering! Ever since we bought our Freelander (nearly four years ago now), whenever I travel in someone else's car I always end up thinking "I'd rather have the Land Rover". I'm looking forward to this afternoon, mind you, when I'm taking advantage of a dealer special day out from Carrs - driving an XJ Jaguar on road and a Range Rover off road at Lanhydrock! Ours - 2008 Stornoway Grey HSE Auto
Tricia's - 2006 Royal Blue Beetle Cabriolet Auto
Mine - 2014 Vespa GTS 300 Super Sport Matt Black
Ours - 2007 White Bailey Pageant Champagne

Post #279096 22nd Oct 2015 10:24 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

i had a Jaguar XF 2.2D as courtesy car from Stratstone, very very quick, an absolutely lovely car but a bit disappointing in the ride and build quality. My 2014 Insignia Sri 2.0Cdti is as smooth a ride and well built as the Jag, even if some of the materials are not of the same quality.

I also had a LRE day with my first FL2, and chose the new (61 Plate at the time) Range Rover Vogue 4.4 TDV8. A truly awesome beast, very quick, very very comfortable and amazing off road, but a little too boring as the car did pretty much everything for you.

Personally I would have preferred a little more for the money from the Jag, and little less tech trickery from the RR.

A decent FL2 gives the best of all worlds IMO

(and yes I do miss mine Big Cry )

Post #279097 22nd Oct 2015 11:06 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1