Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Won't Start please help major electrical problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Jim NI

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Loire Blue

On the left hand side of footwell there are 3 multi connectors (forward of passenger door) check these are firmly seated. 2014 SE Loire Blue SD4 Auto (MY15)
Gone - 2011 GS Baltic Blue, Retrofit Electric Leather, Side Steps, 19"SC's, Roof Rails, TT Sat Nav Mod, Retrofit Premium Audio, Retro fit 2013 Xenons with DRL & Sig Strip (Clutch at 47k)
Gone - 2007 GS Narvik Black, Privacy Glass, 19" SC's, Side Steps,Roof Rails, Roof Spoiler, Lamp Guards, Retrofit Electric Leather (Clutch at 115k)
Gone - 2007 SE Santorini Black (Clutch at 120k)
BT IID (best money ever spent on a car)

Post #264645 24th May 2015 2:29 pm
Lynziandcraig87

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Zermatt Silver

Yes checked them too thanks

Post #264648 24th May 2015 2:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jim NI

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Loire Blue

Are you anywhere near Ricky64? He could take a look with diagnostic tool for you, you're too far away for me. 2014 SE Loire Blue SD4 Auto (MY15)
Gone - 2011 GS Baltic Blue, Retrofit Electric Leather, Side Steps, 19"SC's, Roof Rails, TT Sat Nav Mod, Retrofit Premium Audio, Retro fit 2013 Xenons with DRL & Sig Strip (Clutch at 47k)
Gone - 2007 GS Narvik Black, Privacy Glass, 19" SC's, Side Steps,Roof Rails, Roof Spoiler, Lamp Guards, Retrofit Electric Leather (Clutch at 115k)
Gone - 2007 SE Santorini Black (Clutch at 120k)
BT IID (best money ever spent on a car)

Post #264654 24th May 2015 4:04 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Hi, if like ours it just happened something obviously went pop, one of the big problems I have with fuse boxes is that unless the car is running Mr average can't actually check whether there is a fault with a circuit, even if the fuse has tested good. you can only assume that it is properly seated in the female fuse holder terminals. I couldn't find the blown fuse, the AA man couldn't despite his laptop diagnostic thingy and a hour and a half with a tester. Between the first fuse blowing which had incapacitated the car , another one went into a wrong slot which caused the lights to flash when you turned the ignition on and the key would not come out which it first did , but main fault was I believe one of the engine management fuses. I'd checked under the glovebox, the AA checked under the bonnet, the 150 amp main fuse on the battery lead , the boot, and looked at connection to the wiper under the rear off side wheel arch. We don't know if the burned out wiper motor did or could cause a fault, or it was just one of those things.

If you are a member of a breakdown association, and you have checked all you can get it recovered to a good independent, you could get a mobile auto electrician, but really you need someone who has the diagnostic equipment to rule out all the Fault Code possibilities, if that is clear , you need someone with the correct wiring diagrams and years of Freelander 2 experience to have a balance between a methodical approach to manual fault finding and a gut knowledge. when the Indie we used contacted LandRover technical, they had never had a similar problem reported, so then the technician's experience in fault finding on that vehicle came into it.

It's not a nice position to be in because it's one of those things you can't get an estimate on. it could be two minutes, two hours or two days, 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #264685 24th May 2015 9:06 pm
Lynziandcraig87

Right guys had a guy round with his code reader and there is loads of faults coming up which was expected but now trying to narrow it down I don't suppose any of you could check your fuse box in the engine bay? It's hard to explain but the fuses from the left as you are standing at the ns wing the second row from the left there is two fuses one is F7 which is the fuse for the relays the other is F13 which is the air con when then keys are out of the ignition these fuses are still live is there any chance any of you could check with a power probe to see if yours are live just to compare with someone else's. Thank you

Post #264980 27th May 2015 8:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lynziandcraig87

Has anyone know of an abs ecu faulty as that's what we think it is can't seem to find a thread on here thanks

Post #265021 28th May 2015 10:20 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Might be irrelevant but for what it's worth my wife's Peugeot 207 had an ABS ecu fault. Symptoms were lots of error codes plus loss of power steering (electric assisted), loss of speedo, rev counter, ABS etc. However the engine would start and car could still just about be driven. Cost about £600 for a new unit but I believe that you can get them refurbed otherwise need programming to talk to the engine management system. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #265040 28th May 2015 1:09 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12