« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Major Electrics Problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Yes, it turned out to be

1) rear wiper motor burned out was probably the root cause of the saga 2) a blown engine management fuse was the main
problem , but blown so it was not visible to naked eye inspection to me or to the AA man . Probably blown by me pulling fuses in the cabin ?

3) A fuse returned to the wrong slot, me or the AA( as it was worse after them)

So lesson 1 , before you pull any fuses, or before a roadside repair service pull any fuses, take a photo on your phone .
Lesson 2 ) never trust the naked eye checking a fuse , you need a tester of some description , be it a bulb and battery or a meter. Lesson 3) don't mess about with your partners car when you are working away the next week and don't have any time to deal with the consequences yourself

Lesson 4 )Green Oval in a Leeds are the people I should have rung as soon as the fault developed, they are top blokes, and they traced the faults one by one ( using factory wiring diagrams to check not the rubbish in the handbooks) kept us informed at every turn, and returned her pride and joy good as new with a new wiper motor .
This is the second time I have dealt with them, they did the service earlier this year, A great operation , customer focused operation and incredible value compared to the main dealers. 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #264533 22nd May 2015 6:05 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123