« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Sunroof Problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Paul.W

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Sunroof Problem

This morning I had a desperate call from my eldest son to say that his sunroof would not close so I said bring it round and I will have a look at it as it may be that it just needed a reset following me disconnecting the battery to sort it out for its m.o.t. a couple of weeks ago. When he arrived the roof was open and the system dead but closer inspection revealed that the sunroof switch was not functioning in the forward closing mode, i.e. there was no was no click or spring return on the switch in its forward position but ok in its rearward position. A quick check of the fuse box showed that everything was fine there so I thought that it was probably just the switch that was causing the problem. I then phoned up one of the local dealers to order a replacement and due it not being readily available asked what was the best way to remove the light/switch housing so that I could temporarily transfer the sunroof switch from my car to his in order see if it worked and if so be able to close his roof. After a long time on the phone I could not get an answer due to no techies being available so in the end it was out with plastic panel lifters and eventually I found it was held in by clips in 8 locations which were a bit of a devil to manipulate but eventually managed it. Once I was able to get the assembly away from the roof it became obvious as to what the problem was. The switch is in two parts, one part being the switch block and the other the switch housing and what had happened was that the front of the switch had become detached from the front of the housing although the back part was still engaged. Anyway after a bit of faffing about I relocated the switch into its housing, turned on the ignition to test it and thankfully everything worked following a re set of the sun roof. I do not know what caused the switch to displace unless it was a rather zealous finger but I will keep the spare that I have ordered just in case.

Post #219538 14th Mar 2014 7:55 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1