Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Has anyone taken out the BodyCare option?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ttc546

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Has anyone taken out the BodyCare option?

3 yr guarantee on paintwork
Maintains showroom finish
No need to polish car again
etc etc blah de blah

I usually use a good wax like Swissol (now Swissvax) on all my cars and that keeps it in great consition. However, I just wondered whether anyone had had this done. I'm supposed to take delivery this week of my HSE (currently driving the Ssles Managers SE as I now do not have a car and mine is overdue). It is being offered by my dealer as part of Protect and Care package.

Anyone had this done? Thoughts comments? Chris

Post #15590 12th Mar 2008 10:46 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Sounds like a dealers own thing to me - LR don't usually offer these things themselves. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #15596 12th Mar 2008 12:06 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

sounds like a supaguard or auto glym lifeshine product they are offering....... Question

Some of these you have to reapply a coating of polish in a set period and only use their products to wash the car Shocked as you invalidate the cover it gives you.

Its been said before on the forums though, "Its all down to how the finish is applied and by who"

Your not mentioning a price but I presume your looking at the best part of £300 for it.

I have had these preps. done on my cars previously and you still need to look after them as normal

I personally polish mine and put on a good coating of Auto Glym EGP and save £300 now, as its not reflected in an resale value unless they through it in as part of the dealer or compensation due to a delay Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #15600 12th Mar 2008 12:14 pm
scotster

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

In my cynical opinion this is a great way for you to loose the all the hard earned cash you no doubt earned through hard bargaining.

This stuff costs the dealer about £30 (assuming its like diamond brite) and a friend of my who owns an Audi dealership said - and I quote 'a f@@kin waste of time'

Im sure ill get lambasted for that by people who had it done and I would be willing to change my tune if there were a legal recourse to the 'keep a show room finish' claim.

"Please can you give me a new car as this one has dulled a little" ....

Enjoy the new car amd look after it with a nice hand wash and wax every now and again! '57 GS TD4 in Stornoway. Privacy, Leather, Tred Cills. From ebay etc.. 18" 12 spoke HSE alloys, rear spoiler, clear side repeaters with clear leds, led interior light to replace bulbs, sports exhaust trim, TomTom 720.
Favourite Off road vehicle, still my Santa Cruz Mountain Bike! Smile http://www.team-banana-racing.com

Post #15611 12th Mar 2008 1:55 pm
GLENN

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Sumatra Black
Re: Has anyone taken out the BodyCare option?

I got mine thrown in free of charge when I brought the motor, I wouldn't pay for it ,like you said if you look after it well that's as good FREELANDER 2, IN SUMATRA BLACK , BLACK OUT WINDOWS , LANDROVER IPOD DOCK , MUD FLAPS , BLACK AND SILVER BADGES (SORRY WHEN FITTED)

Post #15645 12th Mar 2008 9:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PA51 ELY

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Manual Stornoway Grey

I purchased the A-Glaze treatment from my dealer. Cost me £225. Coats the outside in some special anti bird poo and extra shine coating and also treats inside with a Scotch Guard type coating (nothing to do with an angry scottish man shouting at the wife if she spills someything on the carpet)

You get an aftercare pack with it worth £80 and a nice sticker in the window to say you have been protected.

I'm happy with it as it gives me a swimming pool on the bonnet when it rains.

As stated before, all down to personal taste and depth of pockets. Rolling Eyes

Post #15654 13th Mar 2008 9:48 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

over on a car detailing forum i pop over to lots of proffessional detailer state that there are some dodgy garage polishers put on normal polish and then then they sell the "product online"

Obviously I am not stating that any LR Dealer Garages have done this or would do this as this would be fraud and I have no proof, Its just what i read on the other forum Shocked  Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #15661 13th Mar 2008 11:16 am
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
insider

An insider (car sales exec) told me that this was simply a nice little earner for the dealer, to win back that margin that you negotiated away when agreeing to buy the vehicle. They wait till you are about to part with your hard earned cash then hit you with offers of bodywork & upholstery protection, and gap insurance. It's all about timing really, making the offer when you're feeling vulnerable! Rolling Eyes

Now, if you can get this treatment thrown in for nothing, or you have loads of cash ... no problem ... go for it! Thumbs Up
 Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #15743 14th Mar 2008 1:16 am
pmcg

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

I debated long and hard on whether or not to have the protective treatment. Eventually, I picked a local valet company and they treated the car with Auto Glym for £150. After a long winter, I am still very pleased with the finish. It seems to keep the black paint cleaner longer and rain just rolls off. In reference to the guarantee constraints, I was advised that as long as you use Auto Glym shampoo there should be no problem and that the power washer will not harm the treatment. Nine months on it appears to be good advice. I would certainly recommend that you go ahead and have the car treated.

Post #15848 15th Mar 2008 1:00 pm
davy

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

pmcg wrote:
I debated long and hard on whether or not to have the protective treatment. Eventually, I picked a local valet company and they treated the car with Auto Glym for £150. After a long winter, I am still very pleased with the finish. It seems to keep the black paint cleaner longer and rain just rolls off. In reference to the guarantee constraints, I was advised that as long as you use Auto Glym shampoo there should be no problem and that the power washer will not harm the treatment. Nine months on it appears to be good advice. I would certainly recommend that you go ahead and have the car treated.

I WENT FOR BODY PROTECTION,ALSO THE INSIDE AS WELL,BUT WHEN MY WIFE SPILT SOME LUCOSADE ON THE
REAR CARPET THIS STAINED THE CARPET A DIFFERENT COLOUR,NO WORRY I THOUGHT,BUT WHEN THAY CAME OUT ,THAY SAID IT WAS IMPOSIBLE TO REMOVE,THE INSURANCE WAS ONLY TO COVER CLEANING AND IF IT COULD NOT BE CLEANED THAT IS IT. I WENT BACK TO MY DEALER AND INSISTED THAY WILL HAVE TO COMPENSATE ME,NOW AT 6MONTHS WAIT THAY HAVE AT LAST ORDERED MY REPLACEMENT CARPET,I NOW AWAIT THE FITTING FROM DAVY HSE DRIVE WITH CARE

Post #18275 18th Apr 2008 11:27 pm
bjartin

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

On delivery I got the car protected with nanotechnology for the bodywork, didn`t want it for the glass.
It was part of the deal.

http://www.nanoprotect.co.uk/nano-for-car.html LR Freelander2 2,2 Td4 HSE manuel Stornaway Grey (Metallic) & Ebony Black Leather & Sun/Moon-roof & Bi-Xenon & Roof Rails & Tow bar & Body side rubbing strips & Cold climate pack & Privacy glass & NavTeq . Production Date: 11/5-2007 in Halewood.

Sorry, but I have changed to Defender 90 ", and I love my" tractor ".
http://www.youtube.com/bjartin

Post #18279 19th Apr 2008 6:23 am
ValetecDavid

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Santorini Black

i got supa guard thrown in for free, you are right some dealers use it to make up their money as the mark up is massive.
it does work though ,i valet many regular cars on a monthly basis that have had body coatings and years down the line they all clean up easily and the water beads really well although my best seller is zymol at £250 and it is a joy to apply by hand (bare hands massarged in to the bodywork but does only last aprox 12 months Wax on Wax off

Post #18280 19th Apr 2008 7:58 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1