« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Cautionary Tale
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
xxtrail

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black
Cautionary Tale

I took my car up on Dartmoor today (any excuse) it being a beautiful day down here. I happened to pull off the road a few times into the numerous 'viewing/parking areas' and reversing to turn round in the last one, there was an almighty bang! I had managed to climb up a rock, even though I thought I'd been careful in noting all their positions when I pulled in. Embarassed Evil or Very Mad The air turned as blue as the sky, but after I got out and inspected the car, I couldn't even find a hint of a scrape, though there was a scrape mark on the rock approx 3" high by 2" wide, so FL2 '1' Rock '0'. When I got home I had a damned good look underneath, but nothing! Whistle

It was some hours later that I realised the rear park sensors hadn't warned me of anything being there. This 'may' be because the rock had a relatively shallow incident angle, so that the beams did not reflect back. So, just to say "don't assume that rear park assist will cover all bases", still make good use of the 'British Standard Eyeball'. I was b Censored y lucky today, let's hope you are.

Has anybody else had instances where the sensors have not detected a particular object? Was GS TD4 Auto, Privacy, Santorini with Tundra & Alpaca, Cold Climate Pack. Traded for Discovery Sport HSE Auto.

Post #18191 17th Apr 2008 11:03 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

my sensor just pick up thing that aren't there especially in rain Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #18192 17th Apr 2008 11:09 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

The stealer from whom I purchased my drive told a story of woe last year. He was using a Disco demo at the time and was relying on the parking sensors (and presumably dipping rear view mirrors) doing their job while reversing into the parking space outside of the showrooms. So much so that he forgot the angled struts protruding from the building at about the Disco's top rear end level. This of course was soon realised when both the Disco and the front of the building resounded with a loud expensive noise Embarassed Censored Embarassed Big Cry

Beware, do not just rely on the sensors Laughing otherwise you may end up like him Big Cry 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #18201 18th Apr 2008 7:51 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1