« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Technical service bulletin LTB00272v3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
sarah96

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Manual Barolo Black
Technical service bulletin LTB00272v3

Does anyone have access to, or a copy of this bulletin relating to steering problems on 07 FL2 please?

Post #191911 20th Jul 2013 2:47 pm
FL2Voodoo

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi Sara

This is all I can find about it

http://www.automd.com/tsb/land-rover_m/lr2_mm/?page=2

2011 Land Rover Lr2 Steering Service Bulletin 328509

NHTSA: Action Number: 10043532 Service Bulletin Number: 328509

Report Date:
Feb 14, 2012
Component:
Steering

Summary: Land rover: vehicle may experience or exhibit a heavy, internal knocking noise of steering gear, which may be caused by weld splatter contamination in steering gear piston tube. *pe HSE TD4 Stornoway Grey ★ Rear Spoiler ★ Black Leather Interior ★ Panoramic Roof ★ Navigation with Bluetooth ★ 19 " Alloys ★ Alpine Stereo 10 Disc Auto changer and Ipod connection and lots of other nice toys ★

Post #191947 20th Jul 2013 8:34 pm
sarah96

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Manual Barolo Black

Thanks Voodoo, thanks for the post. Will bare in mind when I ring LR monday

Post #191959 20th Jul 2013 10:06 pm
SakoQuad

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

I read your post and those of some others about problems that are well known and common enough, and in this case the clear, accepted fault of the manufacturer - something that went wrong on the production line causing failures later like welding spoil into the power steering system!

Am I the only person - together with Doc perhaps - who thinks that these faults should be put right free of charge regardless of the fact that the car is a 2007? I think that the history shows a product that is simply not fit for purpose with a manufacturing fault that has been corrected under warranty for many people who's cars had the good grace to throw the problem up sooner rather than later.

I would also include the fuel system sender units problem, the rear door lock problem, the boot lock problem and the driver seat free play problem in the list.

I accept absolutely that bits of cars wear out and break but where there is such a clear pattern of failures or where something fundamental like a Haldex system fails at less that 25000 miles I am pretty sure I would be seeking proper redress not as a favour but as a right in the Small Claims Court.

I have taken this action only once and not related to a car but furniture. It took a while and the company involved were very persistent in their arguments about how it was nothing to do with them but my stock reply was lets see what the judge has to say - the game went on until a court date was actually set at which point I received settlement of all I asked for plus all expenses. My position was slightly less confident than it would be in cases like Sarah96's!!!!

Post #192031 21st Jul 2013 4:15 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1