« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > FAO : Oldgeezer Re: XF or FL2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
FL2Voodoo

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
FAO : Oldgeezer Re: XF or FL2

Sorry I could not PM you back apparently I cant until I have at least 3 Posts under my belt.

Hi Mate,

I have not got the Freelander yet I pick it up on Saturday but from initial drive I had I liked the driving position and it was a smooth comfortable drive.

I have bought an Auto HSE, so as far as equipment it has every thing my Premium Luxery Jag has Plus I get a Dab radio in the Freelander.

I bought the Jag ( 2008 model ) 18 months agao with 12 mnth warranty, since I have owned it Its had a new Gear box selector fitted under recall, both rear Light clusters were replaced as a good will getsture by Jaguar as some of the LED's had died, the rear o/s wish bone has been replaced, the Port Deactivation Valves in the Turbos have been replaced ( still have a slight Turbo whistle ) every few months the DPF filter blocks due to town driving and its a 30 min blast down and waste of fuel down the motorway to clear it, general sevicing and 2 front tyres. Window Cable looms come lose and rattle against the door cards ( common fault ) went in to get that cured also.

Ok the car is a 2008 and was one of the first xf's so I will cut it some slack . I beleive the newer models ie the 3Ltr and the 2.2 and now face lift are allot better.

To look at its great and gets lots of looks, to drive its great its powerfull and smooth on good roads ( its on 19" wheels ) pot holed or rough un even roads I feel everything and its not forgiving, Mpg wise now the weathers improved I can get 26mpg ( winter that drops to about 24 ) on a long run I have got 40 so for a big car its not bad in my opinion, again the 2.2 and 3ltr are better.

I had a 2.2 as a loaner when mine was in for a service and TBH I wouldnt have one as felt the engine wasnt right for that type of car and the 8 speed gear box hunted allot in town as it couldnt decide were it wanted to be.

If I was to buy another XF it would be the 3ltr the fuel ecnomy is far behind the 2.2.

My dealership is great very helpfull, even though the car wasnt bought from them.

Have a read round http://www.jaginfo.org/forum.php there a good bunch oh lads on the forum.

I am hoping I have done the right thing, one reason I bought the freelader is I dont race round every were as its mainly town / country driving some of the roads by me are bad as the council are not fast in repairing them and its hopeless when it snows. The decider that the next car will be 4x4 or all wheel drive was when I came hop at 6am of nights pulled into my close with 4" of virgin snow and it was like hitting a brick wall even with snow socks fitted, I had to get my lad out of bed and we dug a cars width path upto the drive way.

Would I by another yes but it would be a newer model.

As for the Freelander I managed to get a 3yrs Land Rover warranty as part of the deal for nothing that covers all mechanicals and electricals so hopefully if it breaks its theres at not cost to me ......... Again I hope I have made the right move.

Good luck in your Decision.

Post #185458 27th May 2013 9:14 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1