Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Help please - I have FL2 and need advice.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Past master

United Kingdom 

Ah sorry, there's more info here. It gives you the t&cs but not the prices, as far as I can see. https://landrover-extendedwarranty-extend-...ummary.pdf
I have Select warranty (the less expensive one) without the recovery option. Cost is £46.00 over 10 monthe, = £460. That's on an 07 GS with approx 50k miles on tghe clock.
David

Post #150776 10th Aug 2012 7:22 pm
athelstan

Past master wrote:
Athelstan - I assume you've already tried https://landrover-extendedwarranty-extend-...-details-1 - not much help unless you can pretend to be someone else on the forum, I suppose.

Thanks for the link Past master - appreciated Thumbs Up

I've just finished reading the pages provided on the link, and again, there is absolute no public mention of the cost of the products offered. And, as you have correctly observed, I'd need to impersonate a UK owner with their registration to get a quotation out of the insurer that LR uses for their extended warranty programme.

So it's off to the Herbert's down the valley to get a quotation. if they cannot put trim panels back on properly it will be astonishing if they have a complete grasp on the finer points of a complexed extended warranty contract Rolling Eyes

No, upon reflection I'll telephone LR Switzerland HQ next week - may as well speak to the devil himself rather than his court jester.

And thanks for flagging up the GBP£460 - no doubt it will be at least twice that figure here in CH Sad

Post #150820 11th Aug 2012 10:22 am
Past master

United Kingdom 

I suspect that the mileage isn't too important for the quote - it just has to be below the maximum (in my case 100k). Note that the more comprehensive warranty is only available for a couple of years after the manufacturer's one runs out.
I've had the Select Warranty for just over a year now (got a fourth year from dealer when I bought the car) and I reckon it's been worth it - OK I would have fixed the rear wiper myself and not bothered about the horn, but the steering would have been costly. And if the Haldex should blow or similar I'd be laughing.Incidentally, all three jobs done with no quibbles and a smile from JLR in Herne Hill.

Post #150839 11th Aug 2012 3:32 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12