« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Back to France
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
outtheoffice

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black
Back to France

After last years dreadfull experience in our 10 plate Freelander 2 we are about to return to the same house in Provance.... this time in an Xtrail. No more faulty air con, no more car boiling at the side of the road and no more rear wheel bearig collapsing.....we had an Xtrail before our dreadful Freelander and its back to Nissan for us....Freelander 2 an awful awful car.

Post #148599 14th Jul 2012 8:59 pm
DrownedRat

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Rimini Red

Hi
My brother-in-law bought one when I bought my first Freelander.
It's not let him down and has lots of toys.
I must admit that the extra boot space is appealing (I like the under floor storage) and it is slightly more powerful than the freelie I think. He can also select either 2 or 4 wheel drive so you feel like you have a choice. He says it tows well - he has a large boat.

The only down side was the cost of a new tailgate when he reversed it into a security gate that was above the view of the reversing camera.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

ATB

DR There's always a way forward!

2008 Freelander Td4 GS - Stornoway Grey - Now Gone - Sob
2011 Freelander Td4 GS 150 - Rimini Red - in its place - Better x far x 4!!

Post #148601 14th Jul 2012 9:10 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear of the problems that you've had and I hope that the Nissan works out very well for you.

Just in the interests of balance, my own Freelander 2 has been virtually perfect over 12 months and 40,000 miles so, while yours hasn't been a happy experience, please don't write them all off as being "an awful, awful car".

Also, in the interests of balance, our Company bought our first and only new Nissan around 12 months ago and so far, we've got around 11 weeks use out of it. The rest of the time it's been in the main dealer's with an apparently incurable electrical fault. Nissan, to be fair, have been good about it and have supplied us with a succession of loan cars, replacing them each time they reach around 11,000 miles. It's great for us and we hope that this will carry on as long as possible as, at this rate (and despite the high mileage we do), our vehicle will never actually wear out! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Tigger on 14th Jul 2012 9:27 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #148602 14th Jul 2012 9:17 pm
outtheoffice

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

We were so bitterly disappointed with our Freelander.....had a 55 plate Xy for years and it never gave a seconds problem, swapped it for Freelander 2 ( I dont like having the same car twice) and it ruined our holiday last year and ended up being recovered by LR assistance (who were very good tbh) any way back to Nissan and yes the storage spece is better and I love the under floor draws for storing laptops etc out of sight......just as long as its as reliable as the last one thats all I ask, no more hanging round garages on holiday !!!

Post #148603 14th Jul 2012 9:20 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

well out the office, glad you had a car problem free holiday ! so did we as we didn't use our FR2 heap of junk this year as its broke down in France 3 years running !
We flew to the canaries and hired a very reliable VW Transporter 9 seater which did us proud in temps of up to 46 !!!!!!

Post #149020 19th Jul 2012 9:59 pm
ad210358

England 

And after twelve years of Land Rover ownership, travelled over all corners of the UK, France, in to Switzerland, and Italy, only once have I had to call out LR Assist, buy another, do it tomorrow without hesitation.

Post #149021 19th Jul 2012 11:10 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey
Re: Back to France

outtheoffice wrote:
After last years dreadfull experience in our 10 plate Freelander 2 we are about to return to the same house in Provance.... this time in an Xtrail. No more faulty air con, no more car boiling at the side of the road and no more rear wheel bearig collapsing.....we had an Xtrail before our dreadful Freelander and its back to Nissan for us....Freelander 2 an awful awful car.

think you've been unlucky with your FL2 and I can't blame you for how you feel, most of us would be the same.

had an X trail for a week a few years ago when my Disco was being repaired after a bump.

overall quite impressed but it did not have that "landrover feel " or snob value !!

Iain

Post #149034 20th Jul 2012 9:35 am
Pedro

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Galway Green

All manufacturers produce ' lemons ' unfortunately. I have only ever owned one Japanese car - a 1996 Toyota RAV4, it was without doubt the biggest pile of under-engineered poo i have ever known and during my ownership I realised why they have ' toy ' at the start of their name ! As a result, I will NEVER stain my drive with a Japanese car again even if it was given to me ! I could rant on about all the problems I had with it but don't want to steal Oldgeezers ' worst car ever ' crown or open the mental scars again !! FL2 HSE Auto Galway Green
Evoque SD4 Auto Blue.
FL1 HSE TD4 Manual Black - Gone.
RR Classic V8 EFI - Gone

Post #149101 20th Jul 2012 8:32 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1