« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > No holiday for the FR2 this year
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
muddywheels

England 

Shocked Earl grey Shocked

No lad but I'll have a pint of Yorkshire bitter if thas got one Rolling with laughter Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #147728 5th Jul 2012 8:09 am
athelstan

muddywheels wrote:
I'll have a pint of Yorkshire bitter Rolling with laughter

Ah, now we see the root of your continental communication difficulties. To the hot blooded meddling peoples of the Mediterranean and cold blooded Scandinavian scavangers, folk from the shire of York may as well originate from another solar system for what sense they can make of your gravelled anarchic and archaic utterances.

Yorkshire Bitter indeed, next you'll be promoting the delights of Yorkshire Tea as for certain whilst travelling that realm I've never set eyes upon a single Camellia sinensis Wink

Post #147743 5th Jul 2012 10:54 am
muddywheels

England 

Scandinavian scavengers Shocked

I am descended from vikings - I have you know Laughing Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #147744 5th Jul 2012 11:15 am
Big Dave

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Haha steady with the Yorkshire comments Very Happy

Going back to your 'not paying' story Athelstan...We once left a restaurant in Spain after paying, when they brought the wrong meals, were cold, took 1 and a half hours to arrive. The owner, waiter and chef then 'forgot' how to speak english but kept saying police. When the big fat sweaty chef came out with a cleaver we decided enough was enough and left, but not before I knocked a few piles of filthy plates of the tables inside Mr. Green we hadn't gone inside beforehand just sat outside as it was very pleasant. There were literally thousands of filthy plates stacked up all around

I don't think it's as aceptable in Spain not to pay for bad food as it is in England! Also, I think the Spanish think serving Censored food is ok too, based on my 4 trips to spain in the last 5 months Confused

Re speaking English...I was very impressed with the Swiss's ability to speak English...my Yorkshire accent was the only sticking point! Thumbs Up Mine: 2012 Golf GTI Edition 35
Family's: 2009 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Auto, Stornoway

Yorkshire - God's County

Post #147752 5th Jul 2012 1:22 pm
athelstan

muddywheels wrote:

I am descended from vikings - I have you know Laughing

A White Rose Viking - no wonder you frightened the living daylights out of the locals on your Tour's de Force. They probably thought your request for some strong refreshment meant that you'd steal their daughters and slaughter their sons Thud

Post #147753 5th Jul 2012 1:25 pm
muddywheels

England 

I sometimes get mistaken for German abroad Embarassed

Usually the frost thaws when they realise I am English - especially when we went to Malta Whistle Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #147762 5th Jul 2012 1:59 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

athelstan wrote:
Dave wrote:
Mange tout, mange tout Laughing

Non non - c'est la jeunesse dorée des automobilistes "rôti de boeuf" avec leur anglo saxon impérialisme linguistique. Wink

What has roast beef got to do with it Question , when we're in France we prefer the local delicacies Thumbs Up ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #147774 5th Jul 2012 4:54 pm
athelstan

Big Dave
Our experiences of Spanish restaurants have been both awful and superb, and that's all over mainland Spain. The awful are not worth reporting - they're best forgotten.

The best meal we ate was in the small town of La Pobla de Segur in the Serra de Montsec.It was a small restaurant / bar, in a back street and full of locals drinking at the bar. The girl behind the bar said the restaurant at the back was closed, so as our daughter was very hungry we asked if we could have some of the bar tapas. No problem what do want to drink while I prepare them came the reply.

We sat down at a free table away from the fog of smoke at the bar and just then an elderly lady came in with a huge dog and we noticed that the girl behind the bar spoke to her. This elderly lady was the owner and came over and offered to cook us a fresh meal if we didn't object to what she cooked. Before long we were well into wonderful salads (her own dressings) fish from the lake, chicken and smoked ham. The beers were replaced with stunning Catalonian red wine.

Her daughter came later in the evening and they both entertained us with family history and photographs. The cost for food, wine, live music and a total great evenings entertainment €38 for the three of us.

It is the "Cafeteria Gema" - that's the lady's name.

Place to sleep: in the narrow old part of town 700mtrs from Gema's place is the "Fonda Can Faseria" located in an old restored building. Basic, very clean, great views of the small plaza outside from the 2 bedrooms' family room with ensuite facilities very reasonably priced. Downside - you have to fold your door mirrors in to squeeze through the narrow arch under some building to get into the plaza - there's only a mm or two gap either side - and the street is a local's residential area so folks sit outside at night and drink n chat to the late hours.

We like both the Fonda and Gema's Thumbs Up - so we go whenever we pass through the "Pirineos" ESP.

Post #147778 5th Jul 2012 6:14 pm
athelstan

Dave wrote:
athelstan wrote:
Dave wrote:
Mange tout, mange tout Laughing

Non non - c'est la jeunesse dorée des automobilistes "rôti de boeuf" avec leur anglo saxon impérialisme linguistique. Wink

What has roast beef got to do with it Question , when we're in France we prefer the local delicacies Thumbs Up

Read the whole sentence as the French would speak it - nothing to do with food - its about people and slang.

Post #147779 5th Jul 2012 6:18 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345