Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Car seat covers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

Slight exaggeration on my part re ears ripped to shreds Embarassed - it was in fact a slight cut at the tip of one ear which bled profusely and as Bertie shook his head not only splattered all around him but also covered his neck making it look like he had cut his throat.

I can assure all who might be worried that he is the most pampered 14 year old pooch living in a rural area surrounded by open countryside with all the attendant smells of wildlife whose scent he follows avidly which helps keep him fit. The day he manages to catch anything wild and furry will be the day I sell my beloved FL2 for scrap.

Our garden resembles Whipsnade Zoo at night with Roe deer, Muntjac deer, Badgers, Foxes and occasional Highland Cattle that wander down from the Common.

Click image to enlarge

So Andy and Iain, fear not he is enjoying a very good life unlike a lot of his brethren locked up all day whilst their owners are at work and then on their return give their pet a 5 minute walk around the block or park Sad

As an aside to this and more in keeping with the original post - I purchased some covers from e-bay for not a lot of money that included velcro seams for the side airbags. They have proved to be a boon helping to keep the cloth seat free from dirt and grime. Think I paid about £60/£70 for front and rear. MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #136396 16th Mar 2012 10:55 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

not a daft as our dog, it runs through the crops until its cheeks are rubbed and bleeding,then does the same thing the day after At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #136397 16th Mar 2012 11:06 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

AndyC wrote:
Poor dog, but they should be kept on a lead when out of the house, which would save your wildlife from suffering.
Pity it was not the owner who got his ears ripped open Laughing

Rolling Eyes Andy being grumpy again. dog vs wildlife the old battle,, the wild life always win in the end dogs are too stupid to hunt properly. rabbits however seem to be more stupid than our dog, and end up inside her Laughing At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #136398 16th Mar 2012 11:08 am
chapsworth

2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Baltic Blue

So, car seat covers............where were we? Smile

Post #136409 16th Mar 2012 12:19 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

chicken george wrote:
Rolling Eyes Andy being grumpy again. dog vs wildlife the old battle,, the wild life always win in the end dogs are too stupid to hunt properly. rabbits however seem to be more stupid than our dog, and end up inside her Laughing

Yepp u got it, grumpy old me Rolling with laughter However the biggest problem with dogs is not the dogs themselfs but some owners who do not respect the countryside and its wild life (not just rabbits). You CG should know that if you realy are the country respecting, save the enviroment farmer, you say you are Laughing

Back on the subject of Freelander seat covers Shocked ,
has anybody with the splitting leather side problem, had these replaced by Land Rover
Question Question Question
and if so was it done within or outside the warrenty period Question Question Question 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #136411 16th Mar 2012 12:24 pm
chapsworth

2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Baltic Blue

Well, I've gone for the Inka seat covers front and back with 60/40 spilt and arm rests catered for too, and air bag.

Had a look round and they do get good reviews over at VW so I thought it was worth a try.

Hopefully here tomorrow so I'll post my review over the weekend.

Post #136417 16th Mar 2012 1:24 pm
768will

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Bali Blue

I got my seat covers from UKcovers about 3 years ago. They're waterproof and stong, just been machine washed for the first time and they look new as do the cloth seats under them. Have velcro sides for air bags Recommend them. 11 GS Bali Blue
07 GS FL2. Usually muddy. Gone
Numerous LRs since 1963

Post #136429 16th Mar 2012 3:01 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12