Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > firenze red FL2 arrived at dealer today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
mkoskimi

Finland 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Firenze Red

Annie, unfortunately in Finland this wait time is fairly typical for factory orders Sad they actually were able to speed up on it a bit, originally the estimate was 5-6 months! Apparently the Evoque is taking up a lot of production capacity.

I take some comfort in that I was still able to get it for the old price... there may be a 2.5k eur tax hike come April if the government has its way. As if owning a car in Finland wasn't expensive enough already...

And, good things are worth the wait!

Post #120635 18th Nov 2011 1:51 pm
Annie

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Galway Green

Indeed. It will be worth the wait and in the meantime, you will have to drool over moo2milk's red one Smile 59 TD4e XS in galway green

Post #120636 18th Nov 2011 1:52 pm
dunroof

Hey, you want cool re number plates. Ive two we're the only difference is one letter. An A on one, a R on the other! They look basically the same. Plus both motors are LR in black - CG would be proud, with drug dealer windows.

Post #120663 18th Nov 2011 5:50 pm
moo2milk

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

mkoskimi wrote:
Annie, unfortunately in Finland this wait time is fairly typical for factory orders Sad they actually were able to speed up on it a bit, originally the estimate was 5-6 months! Apparently the Evoque is taking up a lot of production capacity.

I take some comfort in that I was still able to get it for the old price... there may be a 2.5k eur tax hike come April if the government has its way. As if owning a car in Finland wasn't expensive enough already...

And, good things are worth the wait!

gosh you have patients, i had to wait 10days from order and i thought that was long enought? Dealer did a real good job, i expect they wanted to get rid of me? lol.

hope you enjoy the wait

Post #120691 18th Nov 2011 11:02 pm
mkoskimi

moo2milk wrote:
gosh you have patients, i had to wait 10days from order and i thought that was long enought? Dealer did a real good job, i expect they wanted to get rid of me? lol.

hope you enjoy the wait

One of the perks of living in the same country as the manufacturer I guess Smile

The brochure is going to be very worn out by end of February...

Post #121066 21st Nov 2011 10:22 pm
moo2milk

mkoskimi wrote:
moo2milk wrote:

hope you enjoy the wait

One of the perks of living in the same country as the manufacturer I guess Smile

The brochure is going to be very worn out by end of February...

i can take plenty more photos and post on the web if it will make you feel any better, just clocked up 2500miles now and going great

Post #121068 21st Nov 2011 10:28 pm
mkoskimi

moo2milk wrote:
i can take plenty more photos and post on the web if it will make you feel any better, just clocked up 2500miles now and going great

Actually wouldn't mind a closeup of the door handle Smile curious what the Oberon finish looks like up close.

Also anything that might work as a desktop background, if you feel like taking some scenic shots.

Good cruisings.

Post #121158 22nd Nov 2011 8:48 pm
moo2milk

mkoskimi wrote:
moo2milk wrote:

Actually wouldn't mind a closeup of the door handle Smile curious what the Oberon finish looks like up close.

Also anything that might work as a desktop background, if you feel like taking some scenic shots.

Good cruisings.

door handels will be a bit of a problem now as i have had them colour coded.

i will be out in the country this weekend so see what i can do regarding the photos, i will post some old ones to see what you think

Post #121164 22nd Nov 2011 9:06 pm
Florence Freelander

United Kingdom 
Guess why I'm called Florence?

Yes, I collected my Firenze (Florence) red this week.
I have been searching for three months for a Bali Blue with almond leather interior, tow bar and as many extras as possible, and virtually settled on one from Stratstone last week over the phone. They then asked me for another £70.50p as "Admin " fee, and when I queried it, said it was for buying the car.
I'm not being funny but at that price no way was I being charged seventy pounds to "buy" a car!
The mobile went as I was argueing and our local dealer offered me their ex demo in Firenze with most of the extras, tow bar and taxed too. As soon as I saw the colour I was smitten...
I have to say I've never had an "admin " charge applied before and I won't in future either..
Now have to sell my silver Freelander 1, auto diesel, the new car is such an improvement I can't believe it.
After driving a Range Rover for 25 years I downsized and was never happy, this feels very similar and I love it (and so does the dog, who loathed the last car).
Sadly with narrow bramble lines lanes Florence will soon get fine scratches on her, but for now I am enjoying her pristine glory..What a girl! Very Happy Why have Igot a Firenze Red Freelander? Because I kept losing the silver one in car parks....

Post #125764 2nd Jan 2012 12:21 am
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

FF - There's only one 'emoticon' I can use for your sale and thats Thumbs Up Good job.
And as for Pratstones Rolling with laughter They are Censored

Post #125768 2nd Jan 2012 12:58 am
Annie

We were charged the £70 fee at Stratstones a couple of months ago when we bought our's but as the car we bought was at least £2k less than other dealers i went to, we didnt mind. I'd never had it before though. I'd had admin fees years ago for finance but this was cash so not sure why we got charged. If their FL prices had been the same as other dealers, we would have bought elsewhere. It was only their price that we went with and definitely not their service Rolling Eyes 59 TD4e XS in galway green

Post #125772 2nd Jan 2012 9:20 am
dunroof

Thumbs Up

Last edited by dunroof on 16th Feb 2013 9:39 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #125779 2nd Jan 2012 9:49 am
Annie

Indeed Dunroof. I just looked at our total outlay including the strange admin fee and it was a lot less than others plus i got the rarer colour i wanted when the other dealers were black or grey 59 TD4e XS in galway green

Post #125783 2nd Jan 2012 10:39 am
Florence Freelander

United Kingdom 
Stratstone

I have to say the chap was very helpful and the price was good; but having seen the Firenze in the showroom locally I had decided as I couldn't justify paying for a brand new car I would instead have a colour I really liked, Bali Blue. When the chance to have an almost new car in my favourite colour there was no choice, especially as the demo had so many extras (I'll be fine once I discover how to use them!)
I did query the admin charge and he said it was something all the garages in his area did, but neither of the other two places I spoke to re cars had ever heard of such a thing.
They did in fairness agree to waiver it when it became apparent they were about to lose a sale, but it made buying a car not the pleasant experience it should have been.
Matford have been great, took ages to explain everything to me and I'm pleased with the Landrover Assist included. (though I already have family RAC cover, and be warned, 7 strikes with them and you have to pay for help, with 5 of us it wasn't hard to run up 7 one year either..) Embarassed Why have Igot a Firenze Red Freelander? Because I kept losing the silver one in car parks....

Post #125796 2nd Jan 2012 11:36 am
stepps110

Pick mine up this week, great colour! Very Happy

Post #126755 9th Jan 2012 3:04 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>