« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > why not fuji white ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey
why not fuji white ?

Shocked every one i talk to said i should not buy a white one Shocked i like the fl2 in fuji white,drove 130miles to see a demo one yesterday,factory privacy,with a factory fit rear tailgate spoiler,set it of but must confess ,black mirrors,black door handles did spoil the look,compaired with say a ford kuga ,which is colour coded. the price for colour coded door handles/mirror caps,............wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...........aprox £550, Shocked Shocked with that landrover dealer.is white so hard to keep clean ? i do go off road/track a bit in winter,..is a white car harder to sell ?i would never go back to a black one but am i going out of the frying pan in to the fire Confused Confused Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Gone:Freelander 2, GS, "61"

Gone: Freelander 2, GS.e, "59"

Gone: Freelander 2, S, "08"

Post #113671 18th Sep 2011 9:52 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
taztastic

England 

Everyone has different ideas of colour, at the end of the day many people believe White will go out of fashion, no doubt if their testicles could talk it would be the same story.

Fuji White looks great, as does every other colour, if you want it, you get it and enjoy it Thumbs Up

Post #113672 18th Sep 2011 9:59 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Buy the colour for yourself not those who will be buying the car after you Thumbs Up

Cleaning is straight forward, not as easy as silver, but road grime is generally light in colour so doesnt show up that much on it

I think James at LPR has a nice looking White HSE with black wheels which I think sets the car off nicely Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #113673 18th Sep 2011 9:59 am
AiiEEX

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

White is fine... Grey would have been my first choice but I bought 2nd hand and there wasn't much choice at the time.
I have got use to the colour especially after I put in some dark tinted windows which goes well with it.
I hardly have the need to clean it too which is a bonus Very Happy

Post #113674 18th Sep 2011 10:20 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

My other car is a very similar shade of white and it a great alternative to the very practical silver, now that just about every other car seems to be a variant of silver or grey....

White doesn't show scratches and swirl marks, stays incredibly cool in the summer (much more so than silver) and doesn't show the dirt anything like as much as you'd imagine, except for one thing: tar spots Evil or Very Mad As soon as you have a white car you will notice little black spots appearing on the back and lower sides of the car and they are a complete pain to clean off Evil or Very Mad

If you are planning on keeping you car near concourse, they are a complete pain; if you are planning on just using it as Land Rover intended, you may never notice them.

Post #113675 18th Sep 2011 10:21 am
philsh

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

I think white looks great (yours included Mr Pinks Very Happy ). I know the resale value will not be an issue with white, as it's perceived as a 'trendy' colour. I had a white car years ago and it was surprisingly easy to keep clean, but there again, so is any colour, if you're not afraid of soapy water and a sponge. If resale value is a real concern, then black is the top seller. That's not my biased opinion and I'm not starting another colour war Whistle Gone - TD4 XS Auto, Sumatra Black, Mud flaps and side strips, clear indicators, private plate, privacy glass

Post #113681 18th Sep 2011 11:10 am
landy19840

Israel 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

I think White just looks wrong. Main reason is most Chelsea tractors are White and x6's which just look terrible.

Post #113684 18th Sep 2011 11:45 am
Hicksy

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

Most chealsea tractors, and the footballer cars are black, you only have to look at lpr forecourt for the proof

Post #113686 18th Sep 2011 12:07 pm
Hicksy

Re: why not fuji white ?

gilfishman wrote:
Shocked every one i talk to said i should not buy a white one Shocked i like the fl2 in fuji white,drove 130miles to see a demo one yesterday,factory privacy,with a factory fit rear tailgate spoiler,set it of but must confess ,black mirrors,black door handles did spoil the look,compaired with say a ford kuga ,which is colour coded. the price for colour coded door handles/mirror caps,............wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...........aprox £550, Shocked Shocked with that landrover dealer.is white so hard to keep clean ? i do go off road/track a bit in winter,..is a white car harder to sell ?i would never go back to a black one but am i going out of the frying pan in to the fire Confused Confused

I got a White yesterday it's on here, and love, it's our second White car now,

Post #113687 18th Sep 2011 12:10 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

I can understand why Land Rover produce only one solid colour (why would you increase the choice, if you could charge £550 for every other colour, despite it costing no more to make?!), but I'd really like to see a couple of other solid colours, like red.

Interestingly, a colleague ordered up a red Alfa and they charge a premium for solid red Rolling Eyes Robbing *******'s! Laughing And you'd have thought it would have been in Alfa's interests to produce their cars in red to postpone all of those corrosion warranty claims!

Last edited by Tigger on 18th Sep 2011 12:38 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #113689 18th Sep 2011 12:16 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Ordering the wife's new car, 3 dealers tried to charge £100 for the White paintwork, saying it's a bright colour Rolling Eyes never mind the fact she could have chosen any of the 4 colours in her model at no extra cost, really pathetic to say they didn't know their own product

There not car salesmen, they are number crunchers who sell finance on the car your buying, the complete opposite to the likes of James and company at LPR. Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #113690 18th Sep 2011 12:36 pm
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

thanks for the posts boys Thumbs Up i cant really wait 10weeks for a brand new one,as mine sold and once the v5 private reg transfer is done,im with out wheels,looked at car hire but works out to much Shocked to take me to del date,so ive seen this white one demo fuji white"11" reg,4000miles with aprox £3000 saving on lr book prices,it has factory privacy and a tailgate spoiler,full spare alloy,,., to Very Happy makes it look good,mrs not very excited about the colour mine,...,its more stressful buying a landrover than a house Confused Sad strastone have given me hope one day,then dont ring back,so nothings changed there like 2 years ago Rolling Eyes ,,,,,,,,,vw tiguan escape has crossed my mind,,,........vw dealers are so so so,much better than lr dealers, Confused Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Gone:Freelander 2, GS, "61"

Gone: Freelander 2, GS.e, "59"

Gone: Freelander 2, S, "08"

Last edited by gilfishman on 18th Sep 2011 3:29 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #113695 18th Sep 2011 1:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tigger

United Kingdom 

gilfishman wrote:
vw tiguan escape has crossed my mind,,,........

Noooo!!!! Shocked You are so close, don't fall at the last hurdle!

gilfishman wrote:
vw dealers are so so so,much better than lr dealers, Confused

They'd need to be to talk me into one! Rolling Eyes

Post #113696 18th Sep 2011 1:38 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

why would you want a tractor in Chelsea anyway, there are no fields Confused , theses people have money to burn I tell you.
tractors are green muddy and live in fields At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #113697 18th Sep 2011 1:49 pm
Hicksy

gilfishman wrote:
thanks for the posts boy Thumbs Up i cant really wait 10weeks for a brand new one,as mine sold and once the v5 private reg transfer is done,im with out wheels,looked at car hire but works out to much Shocked to take me to del date,so ive seen this white one demo fuji white"11" reg,4000miles with aprox £3000 saving on lr book prices,it has factory privacy and a tailgate spoiler,full spare alloy,,., to Very Happy makes it look good,mrs not very excited about the colour mine,...,its more stressful buying a landrover than a house Confused Sad strastone have given me hope one day,then dont ring back,so nothings changed there like 2 years ago Rolling Eyes ,,,,,,,,,vw tiguan escape has crossed my mind,,,........vw dealers are so so so,much better than lr dealers, Confused

Don't think vw dealers are that good not from experience

Post #113698 18th Sep 2011 2:05 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>