Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Nervous Apprehension!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
apc67

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

What I was referring to ref the sat nav is on my wides BMW X5 you can press a button and it will instantly save the current location of where the car is sat. Obviously u can edit the entry to name it what u like, ie if I was sat outside my house I would press the button which would record the location and I would name it 'home'. Can u do the same
with the Landrover sat nav or do u have to enter manually, the full details of an address?

Post #112191 5th Sep 2011 10:18 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

It might be possible by using the Map function to add a Destination/Waypoint but I haven't tried it and only had a quick scan of the Owners Manual online.

MAP
After selecting Map from the Destination menu, the local area map is displayed. If the destination or waypoint is not shown on the map, use the zoom button to increase the area. Touch the arrow icons to scroll the map so that the circle is over the area for your destination or waypoint, zooming in if required. Select Destination or Waypoint accordingly.

Post #112193 5th Sep 2011 11:07 pm
Simon67

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Lago Grey

Calling your wife - wide
Was this a freudian slip? Rolling with laughter

Post #112197 6th Sep 2011 7:54 am
apc67

Lol at Simon. The Freelander is a lovely car to drive, I'm loving the high up driving position and the way it glides over the terrible road surfaces - if the fuel economy could be improved it would be awesome!

Post #112265 6th Sep 2011 8:04 pm
rchrdleigh

Fuel economy will improve as the engine beds in although you will probably struggle to reach the figures in the brochure you should get around the 40 mpg mark depending on driving style.

Post #112284 6th Sep 2011 9:28 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

apc67 wrote:
What I was referring to ref the sat nav is on my wides BMW X5 you can press a button and it will instantly save the current location of where the car is sat. Obviously u can edit the entry to name it what u like, ie if I was sat outside my house I would press the button which would record the location and I would name it 'home'. Can u do the same
with the Landrover sat nav or do u have to enter manually, the full details of an address?

I only found out the other day that you can do this by clicking on the nav screen and then click the pin icon on the bottom, you can then give the entry a name, an icon or even a sound if you want to!!!

The more I use it the more I like the sat nav, I used it to reroute me today using TMC and it worked beutifully Thumbs Up Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #112294 6th Sep 2011 11:06 pm
apc67

Thanks for all the sat nav tips - I have got to grips with it now and find it a very good bit of kit. I had a rush of blood to the head today and took the car for some serious off roading around the local Army trg area. It had a right workout, muddy tracks, water filled ruts and steep inclines. Awesome fantastic performance and handling, it acquitted itself superbly - it looks like a proper Landy now though - much to the long haired general's disgust lol

Post #112386 7th Sep 2011 6:00 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

apc67 wrote:
Thanks for all the sat nav tips - I have got to grips with it now and find it a very good bit of kit. I had a rush of blood to the head today and took the car for some serious off roading around the local Army trg area. It had a right workout, muddy tracks, water filled ruts and steep inclines. Awesome fantastic performance and handling, it acquitted itself superbly - it looks like a proper Landy now though - much to the long haired general's disgust lol

Good man!! Thumbs Up

A waited until mine was about 3 or 4 days old before I went green laning too!

Fun, isn't it?!

Post #112397 7th Sep 2011 7:12 pm
apc67

The Freelander is booked in for it's first trip to the service centre on Wednesday. Not bad for a 9 day old car grrrrrr. Harwoods of Basingstoke will have the pleasure of trying to fix the mother of all rattles coming from the front passenger door. Nice car to drive but the build quality is sadly a long way off the German cars!

Post #112868 12th Sep 2011 5:23 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

only 1 fault in 9 days ! that's really good ! I had 14 faults in 21 days of ownership ! and its never ever been fixed !
Just recently its spent almost 4 weeks out of the last 10 weeks back at the dealer to have yet more things put right!
! Its due to be delivered back to me tomorrow apparently ! so we will see how many days it can go for now without developing a fault! and there was me thinking how Vauxhalls had gone down hill Rolling with laughter

Post #112886 12th Sep 2011 7:04 pm
rchrdleigh

Freelander 2.1 3 1/2 years and it only went to the Dealer for routine servicing, a couple of recalls and the power steering whine which was covered under warranty. Freelander 2.2 9 1/2 months and not been near a Dealer. Starting to think about where to take it for its first service - needs to be somewhere around Northamptonshire, Leicerstershire, Cambridgeshire or Bedfordshire.

Post #112895 12th Sep 2011 7:26 pm
rchrdleigh

apc67 wrote:
The Freelander is booked in for it's first trip to the service centre on Wednesday. Not bad for a 9 day old car grrrrrr. Harwoods of Basingstoke will have the pleasure of trying to fix the mother of all rattles coming from the front passenger door. Nice car to drive but the build quality is sadly a long way off the German cars!

Did you manage to get the rattle fixed?

Post #113530 16th Sep 2011 8:19 pm
apc67

Took the car to the local Dealers (good service) and they identified the fault as the front passenger speaker had fallen apart inside the door. A new one was ordered which they said would arrive the next day however it is now on back order at the factory so who knows when it will arrive.

Post #113535 16th Sep 2011 8:42 pm
rchrdleigh

Glad to hear they found the problem - I don't suppose there's much demand for replacement speakers hence the need to order.

Sent you a PM about your half day experience voucher - just wondering if you've booked yet.

Interestingly Military Sales sent me an invite to a complementary Range Rover Evoque Experience Day which I had to decline as I'm working but will still get to drive the Evoque again.

Post #113536 16th Sep 2011 8:49 pm
marklad2020

Switzerland 

I've had 3 new Audis in the past 10 years. 1st Audi went in twice to have leaking doors realigned, then again for a new gearbox. 2nd Audi paid a tri to the dealer on average every second month for the 2 frustrating years that I owned it. Everything from squeaks, rattles, failed aircon and a new steering rack. 3rd Audi, in contrast hasn't, missed a single beat in 5 years. It is the most dependable thing I've ever known.

If it wasn't for a new company car I'd be keeping it a while longer. (well, I am since my dealer is staking his time over delivering the Freelander)

On another note I recently had a firm present a solution to us for web monitoring. They do work for a major German motor manufacturer and say that 80% of posts online are negative. This is normal for the industry - people mostly join forums to complain and troubleshoot. So there is some rigorous research to support the theory that the Freelander isn't a bad car..

Post #113710 18th Sep 2011 3:36 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>