« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > £100 Park Royal Gift Voucher ++ ! Charity Auction
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver
£100 Park Royal Gift Voucher ++ ! Charity Auction

Ok here is the Deal, I won a £100 voucher donated By James at Park Royal when we had the Clay Shoot at Coniston, I can not morally accept it as I was many years ago a ( very poor) competition shooter. I have told James that I want to auction the prize to support the charity below in which Mr Crabtree is involved. On hearing this James ( top bloke) has now upped the Prize to a £100 voucher which can be used for LandRover accessories/LandRover Gear etc from Lookers Park Royal + a Half Day voucher for LandRover Experience at any centre.
http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/lr/experien.../overview/

Thats right one bid gets you the £100 Voucher and 1/2 a day at any LandRover Experience Centre in any LandRover vehicle

The charity event website you willl be supporting is

www.top-to-bottom-tractor-run.co.uk

all funds will be going to the Young Oncology Unit at The Christie

How it works. You make one blind/sealed bid by sending me a PM with your best offer - just one shot at it, auction opens now : and closes in 10 days time at 20:00 on Wednesday 4th July. the time and date on your PM is the time and date of your bid

so no e-bay tactics just one bid for what you think is a fair price for the total package reserve is set at £80 so lets all be reasonable. Please bid in whole pounds. If two or more people make an equal bid the first bid received will be deemed to be the winner

the winning bidder is notified and either pays me by cheque or paypal gift ( No sending charge i will pay the receiving charge if applicable) so you can even get this on your credit card

when the payment is clear I notify James at Park Royal with your details and you contact him to get the £ 100 voucher and Experience ticket ( Fantastic day out worth £195 if you buy it direct from a centre) which allows you and two guests to share the 1/2 day.

As a higher rate tax payer I will then make a " Gift Aid payment" to the charity in my name so every penny received goes to them, plus the benefit of tax relief as well ! so every body wins and we do the government into the bargain!

To keep things open I will publish on the site the winning bidders site name and winning bid ( unless they want to keep a low profile) and I will ask Mr crabtree to post and verify that a gift aid payment has been made.

Please moderators If I have broken any site rules help me out, this is for a good cause Very Happy

So guys great opportunity go for it !!!!!!! 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Last edited by MartynB on 26th Jun 2012 9:25 pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #146733 25th Jun 2012 4:58 pm
athelstan

Absolutely grand idea MartynB - well done Thumbs Up

Post #146769 26th Jun 2012 7:17 am
Mr Crabtree

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Hi Martyn

this is fantastic. I really appreciate it. May your landing net stay wet Very Happy

thank you www.justgiving.com/toptobottomtractorrun
All for The Christie Hospital Young Oncology Unit.
A penny a mile will make Fred smile
Text Fred55 to 70070

Post #146770 26th Jun 2012 7:26 am
Lookers Park Royal

Martyn,

Can you keep the forum posted with regards to how may bid have been received?

All,

Good luck with this, and to confirm I am happy to post the item/s to any UK mainland (excle highlands) address FOC............. so get bidding!! Wink

James Thumbs Up

Post #146793 26th Jun 2012 11:48 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
athelstan

Does that mean James that if I bid and win you won't send me my prize Big Cry

Post #146796 26th Jun 2012 12:07 pm
Lookers Park Royal

I'll leave it behind a tree somewhere near Dover! Whistle

I hope all is well with you?

James Thumbs Up

Post #146800 26th Jun 2012 12:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MartynB

James @ Lookers Park Royal wrote:
Martyn,

Can you keep the forum posted with regards to how may bid have been received?

I certainly will James, but at the moment despite hundreds of views there are no bidders ! perhaps

a) people think it is too good to be true
b) people don't trust a Yorkshireman with their money or
c) they have never been on a LR experience and do not know what they are missing 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

Post #146802 26th Jun 2012 12:52 pm
Lookers Park Royal

So technically someone could get the whole lot for £80 if the put a bid in!! Shocked

I'm sure as the evening goes on then the bids will come in as it's for a good cause which is connected with the forum.

Good luck with it. Thumbs Up

James Thumbs Up

Post #146804 26th Jun 2012 12:57 pm
athelstan

James I'm fine but overworked - her Ladyship's new medical centre/practise opens on July 2 and I'm chasing companies who have failed to supply on time - nothing serious as all medical kit is in - just odd pieces of furniture (fun kids' chairs for waiting area and stationery) - and DHL failed their dummy run test yesterday! Friday is Helipad landing test - that's going to be very interesting as she hates flying but has to do it.

Did you get your holiday accommodation sorted? Were my suggestions of any use at all?

Finally, I'll be looking behind a tree at the port, but please, Newcastle not Dover, and at 09:30hrs Oct.8th. I'm not putting a bid in until I see that all the background checks on that Yorkshireman come in okay - don't want my funds ending up in the Cayman Isles Whistle

Post #146812 26th Jun 2012 1:57 pm
MartynB

First Day update

OK : The Ice is broken and as we speak I have two bids in, both bid different so already the tension is rising in two households !

so the question what if two people bid exactly the same amount ! well in that case the prize will go to the first bid received.

This is the only fair way to do it. so please let's not resort to e-bay tactics and bid £'s + 00 .22 pence, lets keep it gentlemanly and bid in whole pounds as the excellent gentlemen already in the auction have done

Now that means bidding sooner as per todays generous souls is a smart move.

I'll put the tie break rules in the main post Thumbs Up 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

Post #146870 26th Jun 2012 8:50 pm
Mr Crabtree

hi folks

i know you dont need an incentive BUT

http://top-to-bottom-tractor-run.co.uk/aaron-s-progress/

please read I really dont know how you cope with this Sad www.justgiving.com/toptobottomtractorrun
Text Fred55 to 70070

Post #146884 26th Jun 2012 10:04 pm
MartynB

Update : No Bids Today Crying or Very sad

Please any body reading this look at the first post in this thread and grab the chance of a bargain 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

Post #146960 27th Jun 2012 9:38 pm
dunroof

Read the link. It's a compelling story. He has been through so much. I really hope things work out. Thumbs Up

Post #147004 28th Jun 2012 8:49 am
MartynB

well another day with no bids, can't understand. James has offered free postage on the £100 worth of accessories so if you were buying mud flaps or mats, you were going to spend that anyway, and for a few bob more a LR experience voucher !

so still just the two forum members in the frame ! I'll post another update over the weekend unless there is a sudden flurry of activity. 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

Post #147099 28th Jun 2012 8:28 pm
Mr Crabtree

thanks Martyn

Aaron is quite poorly and the hospital are seeking funds to be granted a medcine from Russia. not a cure but fights it back a little giving time to seek other medicines Sad

cheers mate www.justgiving.com/toptobottomtractorrun
Text Fred55 to 70070

Post #147105 28th Jun 2012 8:52 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>